Advice for where to apply Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Advice for where to apply

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:44 pm

I am a student at a T1 regional school in the south who finished top 3% and am on a secondary journal. I am originally from the north east but have spent undergrad and law school in the south. Outside of just applying broadly is there any other advice for where I should be applying? For example, is applying to the circuit level a waste of time and I should only focus on the district court level. I'm just getting all my materials together now so any advice is appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: Advice for where to apply

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Your school probably keeps records of which of its students have gone on to clerk. Look at them and figure out which judges are amenable to your school. You'll have a shot at some COAs.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”