value of voluntarily taking on a second d court clerkship yr Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
objctnyrhnr

value of voluntarily taking on a second d court clerkship yr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:37 pm

i was wondering if anybody has given any thought to the pros and cons of volunteering to stay with the same judge for another year, after completion of what was originally a one year d court clerkship. when i say pros and cons, i mean stuff gained from resume purposes, experience purposes (do u really learn that much more the second year), and networking purposes. of course, financially it is somewhat of a jump which, depending on what you want to do next (public v private), could be an advantage or disadvantage in terms of $ amount.

thoughts?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: value of voluntarily taking on a second d court clerkship yr

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:41 pm

I think generally doing a second year of the same clerkship isn't going to add anything much to your resume or experience (you will encounter new cases/areas of law, of course, but that's the case with any job). It's not going to hurt you (lots of clerkships are 2 years from the start), but I don't think it's any significant boon except maybe for money.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”