Judicial Clerk Pay Raise Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Judicial Clerk Pay Raise

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:55 am

If you have a two year clerkship, do you get bumped up the judicial salary plan pay scale in the second year? Or are you stuck with your entry level pay grade for the duration of the clerkship?

tictac

New

Re: Judicial Clerk Pay Raise

Post by tictac » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:02 am

You will jump one pay grade (e.g., from JS-11 to JS-12) at the beginning of the second year, assuming they don't institute another pay freeze.

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 am

To qualify for the raise (in some districts and circuits, at least), you need to be a member of the bar (doesn't matter which state).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Just finished my first year of a two-year term. Got bumped to JS 12. Usually, your court HR person will reach out to you couple/few months before the year anniversary (most cts require that you are also barred for the bump to kickin).

AspiringAcademic

Bronze

Post by AspiringAcademic » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just finished my first year of a two-year term. Got bumped to JS 12. Usually, your court HR person will reach out to you couple/few months before the year anniversary (most cts require that you are also barred for the bump to kickin).
Do any courts not require bar membership for the bump? I'd thought that was a universal requirement:
https://oscar.symplicity.com/qualificat ... y_benefits

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:00 am

I'm getting the raise for the last 3 days of my clerkship. Woo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”