University of Kentucky c/o 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
thecollege

New

Re: University of Kentucky c/o 2016

Post by thecollege » Tue May 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeah I meant at the Seminary. Hm okay...I might just end up going with Park Plaza. Thoughts?

Blankets

New

Post by Blankets » Tue May 07, 2013 6:11 pm

Yeah, the Seminary is weird. I think they only have like 60 rooms, and that's split between studios/1br/2br kind of setups. I put my app in I think at the end of March or maybe first week of April. It doesn't sound like too many spots are opening up, so we'll see.

If you don't mind driving a bit, you might also look into living in Nicholasville. Nicholasville pretty much runs straight into Lexington, so it's not a lot further out or anything. There are a lot of communities and townhouses off of 27 heading north into Lexington, just about 10 minutes away from Fayette Mall which is about 10 minutes away from campus during most of my experiences with traffic.

thecollege

New

Post by thecollege » Wed May 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Housing mailer/orientation info arrived today!

Blankets

New

Post by Blankets » Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 pm

I got mine, too.

Lots of information in that packet.

One of the letters said the Facebook group should already be active, but I did a search and didn't find anything. Maybe I suck at Facebook. Has anybody successfully found it?

thecollege

New

Post by thecollege » Wed May 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Same here...couldn't find the FB group =/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Blankets

New

Post by Blankets » Wed May 15, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm sure it'll be up in a day or two. I might e-mail the guy who wrote the letter and be like, "yo, send me a link?" If I decide to do that, I'll be sure to convey anything I learn here, lol.

I'm pretty stoked that they're willing to expand the financial aid budget for a computer. I was wanting to pick up a new laptop to last me the next three years, but didn't really have the budget for it, as right now I'm worried about comfortably furnishing an apartment so I'm not sleeping in a bag. The $1,800 limit is extremely lax, something I won't even approach, but I can at least look at some of the business model Lenovos or Dells now.

thecollege

New

Post by thecollege » Wed May 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Yeah me too! Especially since my battery is near dead on my current laptop, that had me considering getting a new one. As far as affordable furnishings, one of my friends who recently moved out to St. Louis ended up getting good deals on the Ikea floor models and some furniture from the Goodwill store and saved a lot of money. Thought I'd share that bit of info since you mentioned that. I hope they make the Facebook group soon!

Blankets

New

Post by Blankets » Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm

thecollege wrote:Yeah me too! Especially since my battery is near dead on my current laptop, that had me considering getting a new one. As far as affordable furnishings, one of my friends who recently moved out to St. Louis ended up getting good deals on the Ikea floor models and some furniture from the Goodwill store and saved a lot of money. Thought I'd share that bit of info since you mentioned that. I hope they make the Facebook group soon!
Haha, I've already got a spattering of IKEA stuff on my shopping list. They've got some decent stuff, so I'll be picking up a bed (not a mattress, though), a night stand, a dresser, a coffee table, and a desk. I was going to get one of their bookcases, but Target and Walmart both have nicer ones in the same price range.

I really get too involved with this kind of stuff. I went as far as to take measurements of everything and fit them into the layout of the apartments I'm looking at getting. I need a hobby, lol.

Speaking of apartments, how's everybody doing? It still looks like I'm going to be at the Seminary, which I'm stoked for. I'm pretty pissed I went ahead and paid for my parking permit, though. I wonder if I call them, they'll toss my filled out card and check in the trash?

thecollege

New

Post by thecollege » Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 pm

I looked this up a little while ago and actually I think you can get a refund for the parking permit as long as you ask for it before classes start. I think I found that on the parking info site...double check though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Blankets

New

Post by Blankets » Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 am

Blankets

New

Post by Blankets » Thu May 16, 2013 10:58 am

Well, shit. All my hard work was for naught, as five minutes before I posted this, Franklin Runge sent out an e-mail with a link.

Oh well!

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Bring the UK pride ITT, please. Y'all need some representation.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”