LEEWS? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Arrow

Bronze

Re: LEEWS?

Post by Arrow » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:23 pm

I ordered through the website.

goldengaff

New

Post by goldengaff » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 pm

torrent, there is :wink:

sidgey

Bronze

Post by sidgey » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:46 pm

no way jose! I have to maintain my character & fitness! :lol:

animalcrkrs

Bronze

Post by animalcrkrs » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:47 pm

goldengaff wrote:torrent, there is :wink:
yoda is here?
Sweet.

Anyone considering going to the one in Boston? I'm getting my gunner side all shined up and ready to go....

bmdubs

New

Post by bmdubs » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:19 am

If anyone has a used LEEWS guide which they are willing to part with for a reasonable price, could they please pm me?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:07 pm

bmdubs wrote:If anyone has a used LEEWS guide which they are willing to part with for a reasonable price, could they please pm me?
What kind of price are you thinking?

lovelaw27

Bronze

Post by lovelaw27 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:06 pm

Anyone on here read LEEWS, How To Do Your Best on Law School Exams (Delaney), and Getting to Maybe? I am wondering if I need to read all three or should devote my time doing something else.

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:08 pm

lovelaw27 wrote:Anyone on here read LEEWS, How To Do Your Best on Law School Exams (Delaney), and Getting to Maybe? I am wondering if I need to read all three or should devote my time doing something else.
Ive done Leews and read GTM and they seem to compensate each other pretty well. they do overlap quite a bit but theres no real conflict or anything just some redundancy. However just reading Leews probably wouldn;t be that helpful the audio is really necessary.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm listening to LEEWS right now and have decided that if I ever see Wentworth Miller in person I am going to punch him in the face. But, I am going to find a way to make punching him in the face last 20 minutes longer than it should.

BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRB....then I'm gonna put his ass in the blender!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:09 am

Went to the program in NY last fall. Miller was very entertaining and made some great points that I think helped me. However, the exam-taking thing did not really come together for me until I read GTM in January. Consequently, my grades were much better second semester. I would recommend doing both before first semester exams.

cutiewiddlebebe

Bronze

Post by cutiewiddlebebe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Fun fact: Miller's son was the lead on the popular television show "Prison Break".

(Also, is anyone else kind of annoyed that Miller completely misrepresented the infamous "Twinkie Defense"?)

historyholly

New

Post by historyholly » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Can I get away with just reading the primer? I thought I read somewhere on the forums or elsewhere that is all you really need.

cutiewiddlebebe

Bronze

Post by cutiewiddlebebe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:16 pm

historyholly wrote:Can I get away with just reading the primer? I thought I read somewhere on the forums or elsewhere that is all you really need.
Mr. Miller and I both advise against it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

slider

Bronze

Post by slider » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 pm

historyholly wrote:Can I get away with just reading the primer? I thought I read somewhere on the forums or elsewhere that is all you really need.
Everything said in the audio is written in the primer. I think the issue is that listening to the audio aids with memory retention.

ChewbaccaDefense

New

Post by ChewbaccaDefense » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:I'm listening to LEEWS right now and have decided that if I ever see Wentworth Miller in person I am going to punch him in the face. But, I am going to find a way to make punching him in the face last 20 minutes longer than it should.

Haha, I didn't get this until I listened to it over the weekend. INDEED!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:57 am

i love leews so far, but the most annoying part is "stop--continue" every 10 seconds

is this really the prison break guy's dad???

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:10 pm

goosey wrote:i love leews so far, but the most annoying part is "stop--continue" every 10 seconds

is this really the prison break guy's dad???
dakatz wrote:
sibley wrote:dude his son is hot!

my boyfriend and I watch him on tv every night.

I think I'll do LEEWS now.
Prison Break dude went to Princeton, and his dad went to Yale and was a Rhodes Scholar (not to mention the founder of LEEWS). Smart ass family that must be.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:38 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:I'm listening to LEEWS right now and have decided that if I ever see Wentworth Miller in person I am going to punch him in the face. But, I am going to find a way to make punching him in the face last 20 minutes longer than it should.

lol, I never saw this post before, but I fully support this message

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:58 am

I ordered it off the website. I'm on CD 3 of 8 right now and it's going well!

LoyolaLaw2012

Bronze

Post by LoyolaLaw2012 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:21 am

kings84_wr wrote:
lovelaw27 wrote:Anyone on here read LEEWS, How To Do Your Best on Law School Exams (Delaney), and Getting to Maybe? I am wondering if I need to read all three or should devote my time doing something else.
Ive done Leews and read GTM and they seem to compensate each other pretty well. they do overlap quite a bit but theres no real conflict or anything just some redundancy. However just reading Leews probably wouldn;t be that helpful the audio is really necessary.
Agreed. It's helpful to listen to the portion of LEEWS that addresses class preparation first. When you are 3-4 weeks before exam time, you should go through the rest of the LEEWS system. I received straight A's using this technique.

GTM is very helpful once you know the structure of a law school exam. LEEWS struck me as a more remedial preparation tool.

Hodgy

Gold

Post by Hodgy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Anyone know how far into the audio program you can find the parts on class preparation etc? I'm already 2.5 hrs in and its still talking about time management on the exam and I'd rather just skip ahead to the preparation stuff.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thuggishruggishbone

New

Post by thuggishruggishbone » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Hodgy wrote:Anyone know how far into the audio program you can find the parts on class preparation etc? I'm already 2.5 hrs in and its still talking about time management on the exam and I'd rather just skip ahead to the preparation stuff.
stop....continue. brrrrrp, now put it in the blender! Now you know why LEEWS is the biggest scam out there--cd one says the same damn thing as cd 500, and they both take an hour and a half to say it

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:24 pm

OK, so question for 2L's - if you turn in an exam that looks like a model LEEWS exam, is it an "A" exam?

creatinganalt

Bronze

Post by creatinganalt » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:37 am

goosey wrote:

lol, I never saw this post before, but I fully support this message
+1

Hours of effing stop... continue.

The primer and handout are basically written in a way that they are incomprehensible without the tape. The problem is that this means you have to continously flick back and forth in the primer instead of just reading forward and it is just so time consuming and annoying.

mirweins

New

Post by mirweins » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:09 am

LEEWS IS TERRIBLE, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

I went to a LEEWS seminar in Detroit, MI last term. Wentworth Miller is a pompous a-hole. He wastes too much time talking about himself and he is a huge jerk. I walked in a few minutes late because of traffic and he called me out in front of the whole group telling me if he was expected to be on-time, then I should be on-time as well. Another student whispered something to another group member about the assignment, and Miller's exact answer was "if you want to talk, exit the room".

Then, he proceeded to tell some girl in front of the whole class the she needs to take law school more seriously, as if he was her father.

In regards to the actual course, it's a waster of 8 hours, he just talks and talks about the same thing over and over. In a nutshell, READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND OPEN YOUR MIND, ALWAYS ARGUE BOTH SIDES! I just saved you $200.

I am not a bitter student, after my first term I had a 3.83 gpa. HOWEVER, I did not do this with the help of LEEWS. I never even picked up that yellow book ever again after I left the seminar.

Wentworth Miller ruined the class for me, and he did for several other students for me. He is not friendly, and he is not there to help you. You are just a dollar sign to him.

Save your money!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”