How many hours does a typical law student study a day? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
apper123

Silver

Re: How many hours does a typical law student study a day?

Post by apper123 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:04 pm

eth3n wrote:
apper123 wrote:
heyguys wrote:
apper123 wrote:I've recently started keeping a journal of the work I get done out of my own curiosity. I found that a lot of the time I spend in the library "studying" I'm not actually studying. I'm socializing, on facebook, on TLS and other forums, etc. If I just worked efficiently, I could save so much time. I didn't realize how inefficient I was until I actually paid attention and saw what I got done.
Posts like this make me feel like you're the Neo of gunning :lol:
No I'm the Neo of going to the library for 5 hours and accomplishing nothing but gchat and facebook. I have serious attention problems, so I have to do stuff like that to keep myself on task. Studying for me when there are distractions around, even of the SLIGHTEST bit, is really hard.
black market ritalin?
Nah I've found ways of disciplining myself. It's just something I had to learn over time. And every once in a while I gotta check up on myself!

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:50 pm

1st semester: 8+ hours a day
2nd semester: maybe 3

Enc333

New

Post by Enc333 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:51 am

1st semester 1L I studied for 4-5 hours per day out of fear lol.
Im a 2nd Semes 1L now and even though the work load is more, i study for about 3 hours everyday... but its typically at least 6 days a week if not everday...

Sat/Sun I get the most reading, briefing, outlining done--- what will by and large take up the most time is your legal writing class- its necessary to become an effective attorney but I despise it because it takes up so much damn time (ours is not P/F) that im always playing catch up in the substantive classes

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”