Hybrid Juris Doctor Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
regardsjeremiah

New

Hybrid Juris Doctor

Post by regardsjeremiah » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:29 pm

Has anybody heard about the Hybrid Juris Doctor of UNH Franklin Pierce? or anyone enrolled in their JD program? Can someone share how they taught their classess? Is it fully online?

nixy

Gold

Re: Hybrid Juris Doctor

Post by nixy » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:02 pm

There’s quite a bit of information on their website. You have to show up in person for “immersion” periods every so often.

Do you plan to practice in NH? Otherwise I wouldn’t get a degree from UNH.

regardsjeremiah

New

Post by regardsjeremiah » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:26 pm

nixy wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:02 pm
There’s quite a bit of information on their website. You have to show up in person for “immersion” periods every so often.

I don't have plans yet as I'm currently working internationally, but I am looking for something along those lines. Would it be best to practice in NH if I get into UNH? Will it be harder for me to practice somewhere else?

Sorry, I don't get notifications if people already replied to me. but thank you for replying.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:18 pm

regardsjeremiah wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:26 pm
nixy wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:02 pm

I don't have plans yet as I'm currently working internationally, but I am looking for something along those lines. Would it be best to practice in NH if I get into UNH? Will it be harder for me to practice somewhere else?

Sorry, I don't get notifications if people already replied to me. but thank you for replying.
Generally in-person programs are esteemed more highly than hybrid ones (not saying whether that’s right or fair, just an observation). They’re often most worth it for people who have a job lined up for them as long as they get the degree, or who get a boost in their job with an advanced degree.

Yes, it will be harder for you to get hired outside of NH with a UNH degree (which is true for many state university degrees). Not impossible, but harder. But NH’s also a small state with a very small legal community. If you don’t have any previous connections to or reason to be in NH, I wouldn’t go to law school there.

Backing up a little, what do you want to do, and what are your gpa/LSAT?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”