Forgot to disclose license suspension and got C&F interview Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
alexfeng199

New

Forgot to disclose license suspension and got C&F interview

Post by alexfeng199 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:11 pm

Hi guys, I am applying to the NY bar with the First Department. Last year, I got a speeding ticket and my license was suspended because the ticket was issued just few months after I got my first driver license (the so-called new driver's probationary period). In the bar application, I only disclosed the speeding ticket and failed (forgot) to disclose the license suspension. When the Committee requested my lifetime driving record, they noticed that I failed to disclose the license suspension. I've paid all the fines and fees and my license was restored. Now I got an email from C&F Committee that I will be sent to an interview.

I am now so anxious about the interview and afraid that my application would be denied due to the failure to disclose the license suspension. Anyone has any experience or advice on this?

Antetrust

New

Re: Forgot to disclose license suspension and got C&F interview

Post by Antetrust » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:24 am

Just be upfront and honest. No need to be anxious. It sounds like this was awhile ago and nobody has a perfect memory. The fact that you disclosed the ticket tends to indicate that you weren't trying to hide anything. Just tell them exactly what you just told us. :D

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”