Considering delaying the bar exam - is this a good idea? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Maria123

New

Considering delaying the bar exam - is this a good idea?

Post by Maria123 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:31 pm

I'm feeling overwhelmed with my MBE progress. I've done 350 practice questions and my current average is 41%. With 5 more CA subjects to learn, plus having a full-time job until the end of January, I'm starting to worry that I won't be ready in time for the February exam. I'm considering delaying it until I have more time to prepare. Is this a good idea?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Considering delaying the bar exam - is this a good idea?

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:01 pm

There's no good answer here for you and only you know your situation best. Will you have time off to study? 350 is not a lot of questions. I think it'll take at least 500 or so just to even get comfortable. I think I did like 1500 MBE questions (w/e was with the barbri program). Do you need to be licensed for work? If not, and it doesn't change your pay, just push it back. If yes, you'll want to think about pushing it back, but be honest with yourself about study time and study habits (i.e. if you push it to summer, will you actually study for it or will you be in the same boat).
I'm sorry, I wish I could be of more help, but best of luck with which ever way you decided!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”