where to find free pdfs of books? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawschoolhope6

New

where to find free pdfs of books?

Post by lawschoolhope6 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:15 pm

I'm trying to find pdfs of my textbooks for my upper-level courses. any websites you would recommend? student outline banks don't have textbook pdfs. thanks

becodalapa

New

Re: where to find free pdfs of books?

Post by becodalapa » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:34 pm

Highly unlikely that a forum full of lawyers and law students is going to help you break the law.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:49 am

Yeah, OP, don’t do this.

uygiugiyugyugk

New

Post by uygiugiyugyugk » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 pm

lawschoolhope6 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:15 pm
I'm trying to find pdfs of my textbooks for my upper-level courses. any websites you would recommend? student outline banks don't have textbook pdfs. thanks

-sometimes the library has a scanner; ask them if you are allowed to make scans of textbooks. they may allow you to rent a book, scan a chapter or two, then discard it, then scan more. again, i'm not sure, you'll have to ask permission.

-the casebooks are not super necessary. all the cases are obviously online. the questions after the cases are proprietary, but generally the professor is going over the questions in class. i definitely don't read the cases. i use quimbee.

-get outlines; this is going to cover almost all of what you need. studocu, jd advising, etc.

uygiugiyugyugk

New

Post by uygiugiyugyugk » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:26 am

uygiugiyugyugk wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:09 pm
lawschoolhope6 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:15 pm

-sometimes the library has a scanner; ask them if you are allowed to make scans of textbooks. they may allow you to rent a book, scan a chapter or two, then discard it, then scan more. again, i'm not sure, you'll have to ask permission.

-the casebooks are not super necessary. all the cases are obviously online. the questions after the cases are proprietary, but generally the professor is going over the questions in class. i definitely don't read the cases. i use quimbee.

-get outlines; this is going to cover almost all of what you need. studocu, jd advising, etc.

adding to this:

you can often get the previous edition of a textbook for super cheap. the cases will all be the same, but with slight edits. it makes zero difference and it's all a scam to fleece you. lots of people i know did this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”