Professors with connections at Berkeley Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kjdsalinger

New

Professors with connections at Berkeley

Post by kjdsalinger » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:21 pm

Trying to find out which professors I should be a research assistant for that would help out the most in terms of applying to clerkships. I have already contacted Chemerinsky about being a RA but other than that I don't know who else to reach out to. Even with Chem I don't really know who he is connected to, just that he's a giant in ConLaw so it can't hurt to work for him.

talons2250

Bronze

Re: Professors with connections at Berkeley

Post by talons2250 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:26 pm

kjdsalinger wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:21 pm
Trying to find out which professors I should be a research assistant for that would help out the most in terms of applying to clerkships. I have already contacted Chemerinsky about being a RA but other than that I don't know who else to reach out to. Even with Chem I don't really know who he is connected to, just that he's a giant in ConLaw so it can't hurt to work for him.
Look for professors who clerked on SCOTUS. Orin Kerr and Russell Robinson come to mind.

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Post by LBJ's Hair » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:16 pm

Orin Kerr is like, far and away the most important Fourth Amendment scholar in the country and incredibly well-respected. A highly complementary rec letter from him would go very, very far in any chambers

nr320

New

Post by nr320 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:53 am

If what you want is a clerkship and you don't care about having friends and/or being labeled a massive gunner, John Yoo is absolutely your guy.

nr320

New

Post by nr320 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:41 pm

LBJ's Hair wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:16 pm
Orin Kerr is like, far and away the most important Fourth Amendment scholar in the country and incredibly well-respected. A highly complementary rec letter from him would go very, very far in any chambers
Also just a heads up: Orin Kerr would definitely be great, but he's a notoriously bad mentor. I have friends who put a lot of time and effort into being close to him, and they have gotten rec letters out of it but not much else.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”