Still no 2l internship. Any tips? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
nick1657

New

Still no 2l internship. Any tips?

Post by nick1657 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:27 am

I'm a 2l at a Philly law school and I've struck out at job searching. Unfortunately, my grades are middle of the pack and I didn't get anything at OCI. I had an internship with an admin judge for 1l. I've had two interviews but didn't get the position for either but it was for niche boutiques in fields that I had no experience in so I'm not surprised. My interviewing and cl/resume aren't an issue but I can't find anything. I've already applied to dozens of places and I've cold applied to some smaller firms. I have two of them where I wasn't ignored and they said the hiring manager will look at my materials but it's been 2 weeks since I've heard from them.

So does anyone have any advice on where to go from here? I'm starting to consider cold emailing some solos that do bankruptcy work because I'm interested in that but I can't imagine that would be good for my career or provide me with any actual legal experience.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”