Firm reputation research Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawschoolistough23

New

Firm reputation research

Post by lawschoolistough23 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:55 pm

This might be a stupid ass question but starting up research on the various firms pre-2L OCI. Where do I look to figure out firm reputations? On paper, pretty much every major full-service firm looks exactly the same.

But perusing TLS/reddit, it becomes clear that some firms are considered sweatshops while firms that have similar billable requirements are considered decent places to work. Also there seems to be a consensus that CWT is horrible. However, the information feels very piecemeal and definitely not comprehensive.

Any recommendations on where to look to see get better perspectives on this? People on reddit told me to browse around here but use of the search function has gotten me next to nothing.

anonymouss12

New

Re: Firm reputation research

Post by anonymouss12 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:42 am

Check Vault, Chambers, and speak to actual associates at the firms you're interested in. Additionally, if you have alumni at the firms you're aiming for, they're probably going to be a great resource.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”