Advice? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Maxomillus

New

Advice?

Post by Maxomillus » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:49 am

Did not turn in a memo on time for one of my classes. I am bummed about it because I was top 10% and was really looking forward to summer internships. I am not giving up the fight and going to keep pushing through. Advice? Anyone else going through something similar?

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: Advice?

Post by crazywafflez » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Stay calm, breath, and remember life is a marathon, not a sprint. This memo won't tank you. Push to be top quarter- if you're already in the top10% you won't be sunk by 1 memo. Get on LR if you can when the time comes.
Try and do internships to experience different facets of law and see what you like.
If you're gunning for top prestige stuff, yeah, it could hurt you. But it isn't the end of the world, trust me. I think on my first LRW assignment I got a C? In Civ Pro, I missed the backside of a page on the final exam and didn't see those few questions (lucky me, it was only a couple)- ended up with a B- (which, for that specific class, put me in the bottom 30%). It really sucked. You'll be alright. Work on getting stuff in on time, your firm/employer will expect it. But everybody knows you're human, so give yourself a break.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”