Probably going to be fired. What should I do? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Anonymous5467

New

Probably going to be fired. What should I do?

Post by Anonymous5467 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:19 pm

I won’t go into detail but I’m like 80-90% sure I am going to be fired for something at my job and I am freaking out because the reason why is a C&F issue I think. Will I ever be able to find work again in the profession? Should I quit before I am fired? I am literally falling apart. I made a mistake and then it snowballed into a big fucking mistake.

cavalier1138

Re: Probably going to be fired. What should I do?

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Without any details, it's impossible for anyone to give you any specific advice. At a high level, I'd say that leaving before getting fired will work out worse for you. In that scenario, if you don't disclose the misconduct to the bar, they'll be much more upset when they find out about it from your reference telling them that you quit before they could fire you.

But no one can tell you the severity of the issue without any specifics regarding the conduct. Getting fired is never a good thing for C&F, but the reason for the firing is the key element in the C&F determination.

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 pm

I would stop posting on the internet and consult and retain counsel. A distant second choice is to call the lawyers assistance program in your state if they have a confidential line.

RunnerRunner

Bronze

Post by RunnerRunner » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Anonymous5467 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:19 pm
I won’t go into detail but I’m like 80-90% sure I am going to be fired for something at my job and I am freaking out because the reason why is a C&F issue I think. Will I ever be able to find work again in the profession? Should I quit before I am fired? I am literally falling apart. I made a mistake and then it snowballed into a big fucking mistake.
Hi OP. Sorry to hear you are going through this. One question: are you (1) already a lawyer who is likely about to be fired, or (2) a law student who is likely about to be fired from a job you are working during law school? (I ask because you posted this in the Law School Students forum, and it strikes me that the advice you will get may be different depending on whether you are in or out of school.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”