Character & Fitness Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cavalier1138

Re: Character & Fitness

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:56 am

If you're already amending the application, you might as well fix the dates while you're doing it. Otherwise, the 1/2-month discrepancies aren't likely to be an issue.

But the bar will look at your law school application; they'll just ask the school for it directly instead of asking you to include it.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 am

TWERP34 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:09 am
cavalier1138 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:56 am
If you're already amending the application, you might as well fix the dates while you're doing it. Otherwise, the 1/2-month discrepancies aren't likely to be an issue.

But the bar will look at your law school application; they'll just ask the school for it directly instead of asking you to include it.
Do you think this discrepancy will cause issues for my application? I imagine you probably can’t answer that but I am a bit worried about this dumb mistake that I made.
If the only discrepancy remaining after you already amended your application (your post is unclear) is that some dates were off by a month or two, no. Just mention exactly that on the C&F app (e.g. "On my law school application, I may have erroneously stated that my job with [X] ended in December 2017 instead of November 2017.").

But if you're missing two jobs from your application and have not yet amended it, you should ask your school for leave to amend the application itself. Add those two jobs, and fix the dates on the others while you're amending. You can't leave that discrepancy outstanding before you fill out the C&F application.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:44 pm

If you aren't able to amend, then yes, failing to include two jobs on your law school application will affect your C&F application. As to how significant the impact will be: It depends on how severe the omissions are. If you left off two more recent long-term jobs where you were fired, that's worse than forgetting two old part-time summer jobs. In either case, you'll need to include an explanation for the omissions.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:10 pm

I know you want a really clear "yes" or "no," but you have to know by now that lawyers only ever say "it depends."

I doubt that you would fail C&F outright for failing to disclose two jobs on your law school application. But the level of impact this has on your C&F application is going to be determined entirely by the details of your specific situation: the reason for the omission, the nature of the jobs, etc.

TWERP34

New

Post by TWERP34 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:52 am

Please delete

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”