C&F Question, employment date issue Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SoCAL828

New

C&F Question, employment date issue

Post by SoCAL828 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:12 am

I am a rising 3L and I recently noticed on my law school application I had listed the date that I work as a campus tutor at my university as Jan 2017-May 2018 when it was in fact Jan 2018 - May 2018. When I fill out the employer information for the C&F application I obviously plan on putting the accurate dates. However, is this typo something I should be worried about? I do not want it to be construed as a lack of candor.

cavalier1138

Re: C&F Question, employment date issue

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:24 am

You should talk with your dean of student affairs (or whomever is generally in charge of taking care of students); I think there's usually a process for amending law school apps after the fact for things like this.

Also, is there anything else on your application that would help demonstrate that it was a mistake rather than a lie? For example, were you doing anything during the relevant period that would have made it impossible to be a campus tutor?

SoCAL828

New

Re: C&F Question, employment date issue

Post by SoCAL828 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:18 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:24 am
You should talk with your dean of student affairs (or whomever is generally in charge of taking care of students); I think there's usually a process for amending law school apps after the fact for things like this.

Also, is there anything else on your application that would help demonstrate that it was a mistake rather than a lie? For example, were you doing anything during the relevant period that would have made it impossible to be a campus tutor?
Update: I called my states C&f office and asked for advice as to what I should do since I noticed the discrepancy. The representative said to make a note of it in a cover letter on the application and since it was only a campus tutor role she believes it is unlikely that the reviewer will make me amend my LS application. (I plan on doing it anyway though) she also assured me that it should not be a major barrier to be passing the bar. *deep sigh of relief*

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”