Civ Pro Hypo Essay (PJ, SMJ, Venue) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
alexancs1

New

Civ Pro Hypo Essay (PJ, SMJ, Venue)

Post by alexancs1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Anyone have a good one(s) with answers?

cavalier1138

Re: Civ Pro Hypo Essay (PJ, SMJ, Venue)

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:07 am

I wouldn't recommend using random questions from other schools/professors. And I especially wouldn't recommend using their model answers. Different teachers emphasize different aspects of the law and different theoretical approaches. Relying on another professor's version of a model answer for studying could seriously fuck you over in your own exam.

Bingo_Bongo

Bronze

Re: Civ Pro Hypo Essay (PJ, SMJ, Venue)

Post by Bingo_Bongo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:18 pm

^ I second that. Every professor stresses different things. What's a non-issue for one professor might be a major issue worth a bunch of points for another. Some expect you to drop case names (cases from THEIR book), and others don't care. So if the question and model answer is not from YOUR professor, it's probably not very helpful if you're gunning for a great grade.

That being said, if you just want essay questions and answers notwithstanding the fact that your professor will likely have very different model answers in mind, you might consider checking out past CivPro bar essays and their model answers released by your state bar. I don't recommend it, and think a more efficient and better way to spend your time studying would be going over exactly what your class learned, but if you really want to see essays... they're usually on the state bar's website for a few years. Those topics that you brought up are routinely tested, too, so I'm sure you could find them.

BARBRI also has a 1L study deal where they give you access to online outlines, lectures, multiple choice questions, and essays. If I recall they're pretty cheap because they're trying to get you hooked for bar prep. But, you have the same problem, though. The BARBRI 1L subject aids tend to follow how the bar tests things, not necessarily how your professor taught the class

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”