Corporations supplement? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bnssweeney

Bronze

Corporations supplement?

Post by bnssweeney » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:39 am

I've looked through previous TLS threads on Corporations supplements, but it seems like recommendations vary depending on how your class is structured.

What is the best supplement for a Corporations class with the following course description:

"The course will briefly examine agency and partnership, but will concentrate primarily on the formation, organization,
and governance of corporations. It will address financing issues, questions of corporate power, and the roles, rights, and responsibilities of directors, managers, and shareholders. It also will consider special issues raised by sales of corporate control, corporate combinations of various kinds, securities fraud and insider trading."

Thanks! :D

persia1921

New

Re: Corporations supplement?

Post by persia1921 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:37 am

Corporations is tricky because its a huge subject and different professors will cover different things (this is probably why the E&E for Corps is ridiculously long).

I never found a supplement that was perfect but I think Acing Business Associations was the best. It is short and concise enough that you can actually read the whole thing, and it really helped to give me an overview of everything and grasp the big picture. It may not be as detailed as other supplements, but honestly I always found that understanding the big picture was more important. If I wanted detail on a specific subject I would turn to google or ask the prof.

Back to the E&E... Some people like it, but I found it to be way over the top. It is very long, and I did not have the time to actually read it. The Understanding Series is also generally good and packed with detail, but again, it was too much detail for me.

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:53 am

I liked Understanding Corporate Law. If you have questions on specific things that get covered in your class, Fletcher's Cyclopedia of Corporations is also quite good.

bnssweeney

Bronze

Post by bnssweeney » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks for your responses, guys. I may go for the overly-detailed supplement that way I can just skip around to parts I need.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”