Law School Essentials Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Law School Essentials

Post by Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm starting law school in two weeks (T1 if it matters). I've heard some people advise law students to get a second monitor for their computers and have sepecific back pack suggestions. I just was wondering what you all think are the "must haves" for law school, in terms of supplies. I think it would be useful to compile people's suggestions into one convenient thread :).

lebongenre

Bronze

Re: Law School Essentials

Post by lebongenre » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Good day planner (I highly recommend the Planner Pad)
Solid highlighters in multiple colors (I like the chunky Sharpie ones)
Good mechanical pencil if you want to write in your books (I like the Sakura SumoGrip)
Post-it flags (ideally the durable plasticky kind)
Dry erase board

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 pm

If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.
I'd get one and aggressively bring it everywhere just to make my classmates wonder if they should do the same.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm

mjb447 wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:If it was t14 I'd spring for the extra monitor. T1 school prob not worth it.
I'd get one and aggressively bring it everywhere just to make my classmates wonder if they should do the same.
No lie, friend used a second monitor when coming up on finals, like brought it to study rooms, etc. Killed it, and forever made me regret not carrying around a spare 13" to maximize my gunning.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 pm

UVA2B wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
No lie, friend used a second monitor when coming up on finals, like brought it to study rooms, etc. Killed it, and forever made me regret not carrying around a spare 13" to maximize my gunning.
Sounds like a great friend!

(Opting to pass on a " spare 13" " joke here.)

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 pm

mjb447 wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
Sounds like a great friend!

(Opting to pass on a " spare 13" " joke here.)
If I'm going to set something up on a tee for you, please smash a 300 yd drive with it. TYVM.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:I'm starting law school in two weeks (T1 if it matters). I've heard some people advise law students to get a second monitor for their computers and have sepecific back pack suggestions. I just was wondering what you all think are the "must haves" for law school, in terms of supplies. I think it would be useful to compile people's suggestions into one convenient thread :).
Whatever you're comfortable with. I know it helps you feel in control or whatever if you buy some specific combination of pens and backpacks, but really, the answer is whatever works for you.

grixxlybear99

Bronze

Post by grixxlybear99 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Coffee, laptop, printer, lots of printer paper. Maybe highlighters

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Comfortable/handy computer bag or backpack. You'll probably be lugging your computer around everywhere.

edit: a sweet water bottle can be pretty great too. I got a Hydro Flask for like $18 and it keeps cold cold and hot hot and is generally solid as a rock. Highly recommend.
Last edited by Damage Over Time on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runinthefront

Gold

Post removed...

Post by runinthefront » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Post removed...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”