Administrative Law Selection Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goodman1

New

Administrative Law Selection

Post by goodman1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Is Admin. Law considered one of the most or 'more' difficult classes in law school? I am very interested in taking this and learning more about the federal system, particularly executive powers, etc. I will be taking it as a 2L. I took Federal Courts/Jur. last semester and made a B. I thought it was a great class, and I know that class is considered one of the hardest classes in law school.

Also, what supplement should I use to prepare for this class and any other tips or suggestions?
Last edited by goodman1 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueapple

Silver

Re: Administrative Law Selection

Post by blueapple » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:42 am

goodman1 wrote:Is Admin. Law considered one of the most or 'more' difficult classes in law school? I am very interested in taking this and learning more about the federal system, particularly executive powers, etc. I will be taking it as a 2L. I took Federal Courts/Jur. last semester and made a B. I thought it was a great class, and I know that class is considered one of the hardest classes in law school.

Also, what supplement should I use to prepare for this class and any other tips and suggestions?
I took is as a 3L but most of my classmates were 2Ls. At least at my school it didn't have any sort of reputation as being one of the more difficult classes in law school.

No idea about supplements though
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:51 am

I think it's only considered "hard" because the subject matter is generally more dry than other subjects, and it tends to focus on procedure more than anything. If you liked CivPro and Fed. Courts, you'd probably like Admin Law.

goodman1

New

Post by goodman1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:16 am

I actually did love classes like Civ. Pro, Constitutional Law, and, as mentioned, Fed. Courts.

I guess I will give it a try. Next on my list will be immigration law. I think that will be a decent class too. And of course, more federal procedure will be involved in there as well.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Difficulty, like anything else, is prof dependent. But IME the class was fucking miserable. So tedious and boring.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:31 am

I took it. It was a pretty difficult class. I felt like the rule of law was really unclear. I did well in it despite feeling like I bombed part of the final. And that's despite having a really good professor.

At my school, it also tends to attract a lot of gunnery people (as does Fed Courts).

whats an updog

Bronze

Post by whats an updog » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:10 pm

I thought it was fairly easy so long as you enjoy classes like civ pro & fed courts. It can be dry and a little confusing as you go through it, but I found that it's the sort of class that makes much more sense at the end. As someone mentioned here, the amount of actual concrete law can be surprisingly slim but that actually ends up making it easier to study once the class is over, because you get the concrete tests down and the rest is just kinda like "well, this is possible, but so is this."

It's also a good point that as with all law classes, the real answer to this is probably that it is professor-specific.

As for supplements, I used the E&E but only found it moderately useful since it didn't exactly follow cases that we studied in class.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”