4 hour final Civ Pro Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goodman1

New

4 hour final Civ Pro

Post by goodman1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 pm

I have a four hour final which is completely open book, open notes whatever. 60 percent multiple choice, 40 percent essay. How do I write this exam any suggestions?

I've studied for it as a closed book test. 4 hours is just going to be a pain. I know the essay fact pattern will be about 8 pages long with numerous issues and the multiple choice questions all have five answer choices (A,B,C,D,E).

Her exams are very difficult as she mentions and getting a little over half the points gets you a decent grade.

Any tactics?

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Re: 4 hour final Civ Pro

Post by KissMyAxe » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Post Deleted
Last edited by KissMyAxe on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:51 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:I'd also be very interested in this. Our Civ Pro exam is very similar, with the exception that there's no multiple choice, the fact pattern is a little longer (maybe 12 pages?) and it's a 7 hour in-class exam (you can only have your computer for half that though).
This is some seriously weird shit. What's wrong with your professor? Jesus. I mean we do 8-hour take-homes and such, but what you'e doing is just weird af.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:04 pm

I've had a professor do that. The idea is for you to think/plan your answer instead of just throwing everything down and seeing what sticks. Good for the prof because the work product is probably more readable but for a 1L that's a major anxiety bomb.

For CivPro you can prewrite your answers fairly easily, or at least flow chart it.

I would go through the various discrete topics that you've learned and flowchart the different ways you can answer.

Is there subject matter jx?
State courts are courts of general jurisdiction...
Federal Courts are courts of limited jurisdiction.... Federal Q, Diversity, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”