Post-offer Lunches? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kingpin101

Bronze

Post-offer Lunches?

Post by kingpin101 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:44 pm

I recently accepted an invitation to lunch from an associate at a NYC firm that I already have an offer to. I was just wondering how the logistics of such lunches work. Should I wear a suit or just go business casual? Also, is it expected that the associate pays or should I pay for myself? Sorry if these are stupid questions; I've never done these types of lunches before.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Post-offer Lunches?

Post by rpupkin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:49 pm

kingpin101 wrote:I recently accepted an invitation to lunch from an associate at a NYC firm that I already have an offer to. I was just wondering how the logistics of such lunches work. Should I wear a suit or just go business casual? Also, is it expected that the associate pays or should I pay for myself? Sorry if these are stupid questions; I've never done these types of lunches before.
Business casual is fine. The firm will pay. It's part of the recruiting/hiring process--they're doing this so you'll be more likely to accept their offer.

bwh8813

Bronze

Post by bwh8813 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Wear whatever they wear at the firm. No need to wear a suit if it's a business casual. When it comes time to pay, offer to pay your share. He will decline it and the firm will be paying. Enjoy.

gregfootball2001

Silver

Post by gregfootball2001 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:04 pm

You're being wooed. Enjoy the wooing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”