Upperclassmen: What changes did you make that worked? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Se7enChop

New

Upperclassmen: What changes did you make that worked?

Post by Se7enChop » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:04 pm

I was wondering what people changed about their routines, study habits, etc., that worked?

Also, what do people who rely heavily on supplements for success do when they run into a niche area of law, course, for which there is no supplement, and not even an actual book?

TLSModBot

Diamond

Re: Upperclassmen: What changes did you make that worked?

Post by TLSModBot » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Went to class less, took fewer notes, only did the reading at the end of the semester. Grades took a dive but my quality of life went way up. If you are still shooting for grade improvement then uh just do the opposite I guess.

monsterman

Bronze

Post by monsterman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:22 am

Went to way fewer classes (I went to one evidence class), read sometimes, but heavily relied on older outlines. Grades improved

doctoroflaw91

Bronze

Post by doctoroflaw91 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:40 pm

I stopped reading cases/using casebooks, relied on old outlines, and focused on the types of questions that professors asked on old exams.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:31 pm

doctoroflaw91 wrote:I stopped reading cases/using casebooks, relied on old outlines, and focused on the types of questions that professors asked on old exams.
+1

For exam prep, I would have basically prewritten answer templates for the questions I expected to be asked.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Londonbear

Bronze

Post by Londonbear » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
doctoroflaw91 wrote:I stopped reading cases/using casebooks, relied on old outlines, and focused on the types of questions that professors asked on old exams.
+1

For exam prep, I would have basically prewritten answer templates for the questions I expected to be asked.
This.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Basically did the same thing all three years. I just got really efficient at it with practice

texas1100

New

Post by texas1100 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Londonbear wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:
+1

This.
This. For me, getting started typing was the hardest part. So have pre-written stuff to word vomit to at least get moving. I would also throw in things like this to remind myself to analyze. e.g., "RULE statement. Here, ______" or "RULE (analyze and mention 10b5)" or "RULE. Similarly/Unlike in our case, . . . "

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”