Mechanical Errors on Exam Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
orab

New

Mechanical Errors on Exam

Post by orab » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:40 pm

First off, no, I'm not going to hassle the prof if its not a mechanical error. School policy is that only a grade caused by mechanical error could be changed.

To anyone who did have a mechanical error, what was the process like, how long did it take to be reported, etc.

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: Mechanical Errors on Exam

Post by rcharter1978 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 am

orab wrote:First off, no, I'm not going to hassle the prof if its not a mechanical error. School policy is that only a grade caused by mechanical error could be changed.

To anyone who did have a mechanical error, what was the process like, how long did it take to be reported, etc.
I've always been curious...what is a mechanical error? Like a transposition error? Or the professor didn't add up your points right?

I had heard about something along those lines in my evidence class. My grade was fine, but apparently there had been some confusion on some of the other grades, and some students had their grade changed like a day after the grades were posted. A few of the grades were actually lowered. So, I think the process can go pretty quick.

orab

New

Post by orab » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:06 pm

So they let you know within 2 days or so of your grades being posted that there was a problem in the Evidence exam, and the grades changed within that period?

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:32 am

orab wrote:So they let you know within 2 days or so of your grades being posted that there was a problem in the Evidence exam, and the grades changed within that period?
So, my personal grade wasn't affected and I didn't get any official notice. But according to the people I spoke to, they went online and checked their grades and the next day the grade was changed. It was that fast. It didn't sound like there was any notice, but I didn't really get too deep into it. I vaguely remember one guy saying he either got a call or he called when the grade changed and the registrar's office confirmed that the new grade was correct. No one told him ahead of time. I think Evidence grades were posted pretty early, so he had been going to check on another grade and noticed his Evidence grade had gone down.

So, at least in my very, very limited second hand experience if there is a mechanical error/transposition error it can be cleared up pretty quick. I also don't know if there was someone who brought it to the school's attention or if someone just randomly realized that they made an error and then corrected it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”