Is there a way to start over again? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
luckenmeister

New

Re: Is there a way to start over again?

Post by luckenmeister » Mon May 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Classic TLS, smfh

1. Tell the OP to quit, even though it's implied that they're asking for advice to stay in law school.
2. Repeatedly address minutiae within the OP's text, i.e. their reference to "profession", something completely irrelevant to the question.
3. Berate OP on something they can't change by throwing not so subtle jabs at their choice of law school.
4. Include one poster who actually answers OP's question in a constructive way (DeMann).

Yup, sounds about right.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Tue May 24, 2016 10:09 am

luckenmeister wrote:Classic TLS, smfh

1. Tell the OP to quit, even though it's implied that they're asking for advice to stay in law school.
2. Repeatedly address minutiae within the OP's text, i.e. their reference to "profession", something completely irrelevant to the question.
3. Berate OP on something they can't change by throwing not so subtle jabs at their choice of law school.
4. Include one poster who actually answers OP's question in a constructive way (DeMann).

Yup, sounds about right.
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=170599

luckenmeister

New

Post by luckenmeister » Tue May 24, 2016 10:14 am

lymenheimer wrote:

Yup, sounds about right.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Tue May 24, 2016 11:11 am

Foghornleghorn wrote:Yes. Drop out of law school and pick another career.

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Tue May 24, 2016 11:05 pm

bretby wrote:
encore1101 wrote:
HonestAdvice wrote:
TheUnderperformer wrote:2.8 isn't exactly "poor", its just mediocre. I feel like no one properly prepared me for Law School, and teachers did a shit job of actually letting us know what was testable and what wasn't. Now I understand. Now I can get A's, no problem. My tuition is 5grand a semester, so that's not a problem either. As for job opportunities, I already have one lined up after graduation. Not making the Law Review is a bummer because I was planning on teaching one day (not anymore). But no, "just quit bro" is not advice, its a way of saying "I'm too lazy to analyze this situation so I'll just insult your self worth."
Everyone has this problem. While having a parent who went to law school is helpful, most people have to figure out what's tested and what isn't on their own. There are plenty of resources available to everyone that make it an even playing field, but one of the tricks of law school is to locate and use these materials to your advantage. It's also not the professor's job to teach you, which is something you clearly didn't understand. You can say it's unfair, but I had many college classes where not blindly agreeing with crazy professors got you docked a full letter grade. For example, I commented on a paper in one ridiculous class that it's not conclusive the Bush administration planned 9/11 with citation, but was docked because the CIA reports weren't credible evidence when juxtaposed with the professor's online blog, which was conclusive evidence. In law school, all you have to do is figure out how to take tests, and not offend the professor.
Wait, your professor was a 9/11 truther?
This is definitely burying the lede.
Yeah, that's legitimately a situation where I'd be talking to the dean about my grade.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Arad

Bronze

Post by Arad » Wed May 25, 2016 12:13 am

To everyone responding to this thread: I hope you realize you're getting trolled

Strong textualism
TheUnderperformer wrote: Now I understand. Now I can get A's, no problem.

Lol

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Wed May 25, 2016 12:18 am

lymenheimer wrote:

Yup, sounds about right.
Technically this is non-responsive as luckenmeister didn't ask a question.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed May 25, 2016 12:47 am

luckenmeister wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:

Yup, sounds about right.
Hello pot, and kettle, don't post in this forum.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”