Did I fail my Evidence final? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Manali

Bronze

Did I fail my Evidence final?

Post by Manali » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:07 pm

THE GOOD:

-Did Lexis Q&A questions
-Did Siegel's
-Relied on an outline from a girl on Law Review, as well as kalvano's legendary "Short Sheet"
-Did Law and a Flash
-Made my own flashcards of the FRE and quizzed myself on them
-Read E&E
-Did CALI lessons
-Don't attend a fourth tier school that routinely flunks out a third of their class to improve bar pass rates (i.e. Cooley)
-Attended the professor's 5 hour review session

THE BAD:
-Zoned out and played on the internet during class
-Started making my own outline but abandoned it because I was running out of time and relied on memorizing the outlines of students who did well in the class in previous semesters
-Skipped a bunch of classes just because I didn't feel like attending
-Skipped a bunch of readings
-Definitely feel like I missed a bunch of issues on the exam in retrospect
-Got extra time on the exam because of documented disability (1.5 hours more), but completed the exam in 3 hours (the amount of time everyone else on the exam had)

I can't stop thinking about the blunders I made on this exam. Any possibility that I failed based on my preparation?
Last edited by Manali on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boushi

Bronze

Re: Did I fail my Evidence final?

Post by boushi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:15 pm

law students never fail; they merely boost the curve.

whatsyourdeal

New

Post by whatsyourdeal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Probably not.

I knew someone in my evidence class that hardly went to class because attendance was never taken - probably went to class like 6 times total in the semester. That person relied on a friend's detailed notes from the year prior, read some horn book written by the professor, and did practice questions. That person did not even begin to study until a few weeks before finals. That person did fine.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:39 pm

Did you take a literal shit on the desk, and then smear said shit directly onto the face of the proctor and your professor at office hours later? If not, then you probably passed. Good grade is a different story.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm

whatsyourdeal wrote:Probably not.

I knew someone in my evidence class that hardly went to class because attendance was never taken - probably went to class like 6 times total in the semester. That person relied on a friend's detailed notes from the year prior, read some horn book written by the professor, and did practice questions. That person did not even begin to study until a few weeks before finals. That person did fine.
Man you must know that person well

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm

Manali wrote:THE GOOD:

-Did Lexis Q&A questions
-Did Siegel's
-Relied on an outline from a girl on Law Review, as well as kalvano's legendary "Short Sheet"
-Did Law and a Flash
-Made my own flashcards of the FRE and quizzed myself on them
-Did CALI lessons
-Don't attend a fourth tier school that routinely flunks out a third of their class to improve bar pass rates (i.e. Cooley)
-Attended the professor's 5 hour review session

THE BAD:
-Zoned out and played on the internet during class
-Started making my own outline but abandoned it because I was running out of time and relied on memorizing the outlines of students who did well in the class in previous semesters
-Skipped a bunch of classes just because I didn't feel like attending
-Definitely feel like I missed a bunch of issues on the exam in retrospect
-Got extra time on the exam because of documented disability (1.5 hours more), but completed the exam in 3 hours (the amount of time everyone else on the exam had)

I can't stop thinking about the blunders I made on this exam. Any possibility that I failed based on my preparation?
Based on the information I have available, it is my conjecture that you almost certainly failed.

No but seriously, you've heard this before and its the best damn piece of exam advice you need right now - YOU HAVE NO IDEA SO DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. Move on. Nothing more to see. Onto the next exam. Seriously, how you "feel" after an exam does not correlate to your grade. So stop it. Remember, law school exams are not designed for people to get 100% of the points. So even the person with the highest grade in your class missed something.

Its a mind game - don't psyche yourself out. I think it far more likely you'll cost yourself points on the next exam by worrying about this one than you doing as poorly as you are fearing. Let it go buddy / girly.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:54 pm

With that much extra time you didn't even have to study. You got the A the moment you got approved for extra time, which is what good lawyering is all about. Clients want someone who has an in with a judge or an investor. You figured it out, and conquered. Don't stress. Keep doing what you doing.

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:55 pm

That person? Albert Einstein.

whatsyourdeal

New

Post by whatsyourdeal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:56 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:Did you take a literal shit on the desk, and then smear said shit directly onto the face of the proctor and your professor at office hours later? If not, then you probably passed. Good grade is a different story.
+1.
Br3v wrote:

Man you must know that person well
:mrgreen: I hope so.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:56 pm

NotMyRealName09 wrote:No but seriously, you've heard this before and its the best damn piece of exam advice you need right now - YOU HAVE NO IDEA SO DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. Move on. Nothing more to see. Onto the next exam.
Absolutely this.

And literally no one here knows whether you failed your exam, unless your prof has graded it already and is lurking here. Come on.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:12 pm

If by "did fine" you mean get median at a non-T14, yeah I believe it.

But as to you all nay-sayers saying you can't guess your grade, I know beyond any doubt I cali'd every exam, even the one I haven't taken yet, so suck it.

(Not that I'm saying getting median isn't "doing fine," just that I doubt anybody beat the curve with that strategy. Haven't yet read or heard one anecdote about someone in the top 10-20% of the class just chill and kinda not really study, skip most classes, take some PTs, and win.)
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

edwardt1988

Bronze

Post by edwardt1988 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:13 pm

OP's professor is my brother's girlfriend's uncle's brother. Can confirm that OP indeed failed. Professor said the dick pics were excessive (in number)

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:17 pm

I still think you have a reasonable chance at a good grade, assume the professor is using the popular staircase method of grading.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ragesoss/ ... ?ytcheck=1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Manali

Bronze

Post by Manali » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Is it a bad sign that I completed the exam in 3 hours when I was granted 4.5? I'm usually in a rush on law school exams but I did not feel constrained at all on this one.

Manali

Bronze

Post by Manali » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:35 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:With that much extra time you didn't even have to study. You got the A the moment you got approved for extra time, which is what good lawyering is all about. Clients want someone who has an in with a judge or an investor. You figured it out, and conquered. Don't stress. Keep doing what you doing.
There is a federal law called the ADA. Ever heard of it? Schools are required to provide reasonable accommodations to students with a bona fide documented disability. I realize that some students abuse this, but I am not one of them.

Gooner91

Silver

Post by Gooner91 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:37 pm

haus wrote:I still think you have a reasonable chance at a good grade, assume the professor is using the popular staircase method of grading.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ragesoss/ ... ?ytcheck=1
Sucks for that C+ on the second step from the top.

hdunlop

Bronze

Post by hdunlop » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Manali wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:With that much extra time you didn't even have to study. You got the A the moment you got approved for extra time, which is what good lawyering is all about. Clients want someone who has an in with a judge or an investor. You figured it out, and conquered. Don't stress. Keep doing what you doing.
There is a federal law called the ADA. Ever heard of it? Schools are required to provide reasonable accommodations to students with a bona fide documented disability. I realize that some students abuse this, but I am not one of them.
Look at you. See, you know the law. You're fine.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Manali

Bronze

Post by Manali » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:38 pm

Has anyone used my approach (relying heavily on supplements) and gotten an A/A-?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Manali wrote:Has anyone used my approach (relying heavily on supplements) and gotten an A/A-?
Given a large enough data set I am sure that this has been done. Heck I am sure someone has managed to get an A reading comic books and snorting NyQuil.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:47 pm

You almost certainly didn't fail, as Capitol Idea pointed out, if you used any vaguely "evidence" related terms at some point in your response.

You may have gotten a bad grade (or maybe you didn't, who knows) but you almost certainly didn't fail unless you literally used MS Paint to draw dicks on what you submitted.

smaug

Diamond

Post by smaug » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 pm

if god is just, you failed

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Manali wrote:
Spoken like a lawyer. Deny, deflect, defend and justify. A++

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Was there a word limit? If it was a standard time-pressured issue spotter and you used only 2/3 of your allotted time, that's a red flag.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:37 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:You may have gotten a bad grade (or maybe you didn't, who knows) but you almost certainly didn't fail unless you literally used MS Paint to draw dicks on what you submitted.
This is basically my plan for my accounting final. #3LOL

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:You may have gotten a bad grade (or maybe you didn't, who knows) but you almost certainly didn't fail unless you literally used MS Paint to draw dicks on what you submitted.
This is basically my plan for my accounting final. #3LOL
It is good to have a plan.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”