Book for California community property Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
unclej

New

Book for California community property

Post by unclej » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello

I am taking California community property and I have no idea what in the hell the teacher or the casebook is talking about.

I found torts, criminal law, and contracts a little bit common sense and maybe even interesting.

But community property, I have no idea what's going on and it makes me yawn. maybe because I can't relate to it.

Is there any book that you recommend? something like Emanuel (I dont think Emanuel has a book for this)

Just FYI the exams are all essays, no multiple choice.

Thanks

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Re: Book for California community property

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Hello There!

I hope all is well.

Some students like to refer to the Gilbert Law Summary outlines on community property for more clarification. Others use Examples and Explanations or Community Property in a Nutshell. There are also secondary sources like Sum and Substance and Understanding California Community Property Law by Jo Carrilo. You can purchase those used or new on amazon. Barbri also has a community property outline book that you may be able to purchase from the company directly.

Hope this helps!

Tripl3Espresso

New

Re: Book for California community property

Post by Tripl3Espresso » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:36 am

unclej wrote:Hello

I am taking California community property and I have no idea what in the hell the teacher or the casebook is talking about.

I found torts, criminal law, and contracts a little bit common sense and maybe even interesting.

But community property, I have no idea what's going on and it makes me yawn. maybe because I can't relate to it.

Is there any book that you recommend? something like Emanuel (I dont think Emanuel has a book for this)

Just FYI the exams are all essays, no multiple choice.

Thanks
I was in the same boat when I took community property. I ran across these outlines (https://www.law.stanford.edu/organizati ... m-outlines) from Stanford and they helped me out. Golden Gate University also has some past exams on their website you can use. Professor Chang who does the CP for that school is also the CA Community Property Professor for Themis.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”