yes Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
totgafk180

New

yes

Post by totgafk180 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:20 pm

yes
Last edited by totgafk180 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: How to study for Employment Law Exam?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:37 pm

For our exam, the jurisdiction was "hypothetical state with no law on the subject." So we had to be aware of majority/minority approaches to whatever issue, but we certainly didn't have to say which state held what - more like "states following the broad approach hold that... states following a narrow approach hold that... here, under the broad view, employee x would have a claim that... however, under the narrow view, employee x would likely not have a claim because..." (or it might be, "here, under either the broad or narrow approaches, employee x would have a claim because....")

But that was my professor. I have no idea if that applies to any other professor anywhere.

banjo

Silver

Re: How to study for Employment Law Exam?

Post by banjo » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:08 pm

I basically outlined this supplement: http://www.amazon.com/Stabile-Principle ... 031416877X

I think it does a good job summarizing the different approaches to the public policy tort, contractual modifications to EAW, etc. It does NOT cover employment discrimination (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, etc.), so you might have to get the E&E or wing it for that.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”