Military Law - Navy Jag Student Program Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JerseyJag

New

Re: Military Law - Navy Jag Student Program

Post by JerseyJag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 am

Any word on whether the spring board will be accepting 3L applications?

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 pm

I know this is quite a long thread but has anyone on here applied for the Fall 19 SP board? I know it takes about a month for the board to convene from what I've read. I'm currently in the Career Intermission Program attending law school so I have a bit of a unique approach to this!

hkhmc36

New

Post by hkhmc36 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:58 pm

I applied for the Fall 19 SP! What is the career intermission program? I heard to expect 8-10 weeks for an answer!

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:53 am

I originally applied to the JAGC In-service Procurement Program while still active duty as an E-6 in the Navy but I didn't get selected. (1 per year!) I then applied to the career intermission program because it would allow me to take 3 years out of active duty and then repay it back at a 6 year requirement. So no matter how this goes I will definitely be returning to the Navy!

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Does anyone on here know if the Fall '19 board for SP has met yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mulligansoup

New

Post by mulligansoup » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Just submitted my application as a 3L who finished an internship with the Navy. I've been waiting since the canceled fall board to finally apply. Fingers crossed for everyone applying today!

JerseyJag

New

Post by JerseyJag » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm

mulligansoup wrote:Just submitted my application as a 3L who finished an internship with the Navy. I've been waiting since the canceled fall board to finally apply. Fingers crossed for everyone applying today!
Best of luck Mulligan! I submitted mine too after an internship with CG this fall. Honestly, I'm just grateful for the opportunity to get one last shot at applying.

thriller1122

Bronze

Post by thriller1122 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:44 am

I applied before the Feb 10(?) deadline. Based on the activity on this board last year, today (as in this Tuesday) was the day calls started going out. Obviously that is way earlier than what is stated in the FAQs and last year didn't have to deal with COVID.... but here's to hoping! I also have an application in to the Air Force for the April 1 board.

JerseyJag

New

Post by JerseyJag » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 am

Check the online portal. Results have been up for a couple weeks. Looks like I'm going AF :wink: The other military law TLS said they only picked up like 6/110 applicants. Best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thriller1122

Bronze

Post by thriller1122 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:17 pm

JerseyJag wrote:Check the online portal. Results have been up for a couple weeks. Looks like I'm going AF :wink: The other military law TLS said they only picked up like 6/110 applicants. Best of luck!
Yikes! Not professionally reccomended. We'll see how the AF application goes, but its my third one and I'm not optimistic.

MilLawz

New

Post by MilLawz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:29 am

I know that they’ve extended the deadline to May 29, but the application website now says there are two deadlines. Does anyone have any info on how this delay will affect board/decision timing?

Elle in Combat Boots

New

Post by Elle in Combat Boots » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:45 am

MilLawz wrote:I know that they’ve extended the deadline to May 29, but the application website now says there are two deadlines. Does anyone have any info on how this delay will affect board/decision timing?
There will be ONE 2L board, and it will consider all 2L applicants from both the 3 April and 29 May deadlines. Board was moved to sometime in July.

MilLawz

New

Post by MilLawz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Elle in Combat Boots wrote:
MilLawz wrote:I know that they’ve extended the deadline to May 29, but the application website now says there are two deadlines. Does anyone have any info on how this delay will affect board/decision timing?
There will be ONE 2L board, and it will consider all 2L applicants from both the 3 April and 29 May deadlines. Board was moved to sometime in July.
Thank you for the info! Do you know why they split the deadline if there's one board? Any advantage to submitting by the earlier deadline?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Elle in Combat Boots

New

Post by Elle in Combat Boots » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:28 pm

MilLawz wrote:
Thank you for the info! Do you know why they split the deadline if there's one board? Any advantage to submitting by the earlier deadline?
I dunno, tech issues with the application website? I know of no advantage to turning it in two months early, other than the weight off your shoulders from getting it done.

MilLawz

New

Post by MilLawz » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:07 pm

MilLawz wrote:
I dunno, tech issues with the application website? I know of no advantage to turning it in two months early, other than the weight off your shoulders from getting it done.
Thank you for responding. I'll keep mine as is. So nervous after reading about so many qualified people on here not getting it, best of luck to everyone!

hkhmc36

New

Post by hkhmc36 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Is anyone out there a rising 3L applying to the Spring 2020 accessions board? Any word if this board will be more selective due to covid? I am worried that those who never even considered Navy JAG before this pandemic will flock to the application now and make it that much harder...

scoxim

New

Post by scoxim » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:03 pm

Currently 0L wondering if I would even be competitive or if I should work on a different path.. Unfortunately, I didn't know my undergrad grades or LSAT would be used in this process... 155 LSAT and between 3.3 - 3.4 undergrad GPA... I feel like even if I do well in Law School, I wouldn't be competitive? I don't know if diversity helps or not but if it does i'm a URM and lgbt.. Luckily for me, it looks like most other careers don't care about undergrad gpa or LSAT scores after you get into law school though.. it just sucks that I wanted to be a JAG

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hkhmc36

New

Post by hkhmc36 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm

scoxim wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:03 pm
Currently 0L wondering if I would even be competitive or if I should work on a different path.. Unfortunately, I didn't know my undergrad grades or LSAT would be used in this process... 155 LSAT and between 3.3 - 3.4 undergrad GPA... I feel like even if I do well in Law School, I wouldn't be competitive? I don't know if diversity helps or not but if it does i'm a URM and lgbt.. Luckily for me, it looks like most other careers don't care about undergrad gpa or LSAT scores after you get into law school though.. it just sucks that I wanted to be a JAG
I highly suggest applying to the internship program. Navy JAG selects their interns and externs on the same qualifications that they select their student program selectees. :) I did an externship and I LOVED every minute of it. Hoping to be PR'd for this board.

Cleetus

New

Post by Cleetus » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:33 am

Board results could come out as early as next week, correct? I remember reading that they post results six weeks after the deadline.

Elle in Combat Boots

New

Post by Elle in Combat Boots » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:19 am

Cleetus wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:33 am
Board results could come out as early as next week, correct? I remember reading that they post results six weeks after the deadline.
Board is next week, so no.

Cleetus

New

Post by Cleetus » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 am

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:19 am
Cleetus wrote:
So then results will come out the week after next?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Elle in Combat Boots

New

Post by Elle in Combat Boots » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:09 am

Cleetus wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 am
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:19 am
Cleetus wrote:
So then results will come out the week after next?
Last I heard, goal was to release results by 1 Aug.

dg567

New

Post by dg567 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:23 am

Any idea how many they are going to take? Given COVID and the few ProRec'd for this past 3L board, I'm wondering if it won't be many.

Elle in Combat Boots

New

Post by Elle in Combat Boots » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:31 am

dg567 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:23 am
Any idea how many they are going to take? Given COVID and the few ProRec'd for this past 3L board, I'm wondering if it won't be many.
No one knows until after results are released.

UMNLawBee

New

Post by UMNLawBee » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Anyone hear of any PR calls going out yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”