Military Law - Navy Jag Student Program Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Wannalaw18

New

Re: Military Law - Navy Jag Student Program

Post by Wannalaw18 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Elle, Do you know if the board has a firm date yet?

Elle in Combat Boots

New

Post by Elle in Combat Boots » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:50 am

Wannalaw18 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 pm
Elle, Do you know if the board has a firm date yet?
I believe that the board is complete. I don't know when results will be available.

Cleetus

New

Post by Cleetus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Any thoughts on whether the Navy will release their selections before December 1? I just received an offer from the Army and that's the deadline to accept.

thriller1122

Bronze

Post by thriller1122 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Cleetus wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:47 pm
Any thoughts on whether the Navy will release their selections before December 1? I just received an offer from the Army and that's the deadline to accept.
Can you just go ahead an accept the Army? I dont know how it works, but generally you can walk away from joining the military pretty much any time before getting on the plane.

mulligansoup

New

Post by mulligansoup » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:23 pm

Cleetus wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:47 pm
I was in this same boat last board and still applied Navy now, more to see what happens, even though I’ve been accepted Army and am slotted for January training. The obligation to serve doesn’t begin for Army (maybe other branches too) until you’re at the Direct Commission Course taking the oath.

You just have to be willing to burn that bridge, essentially. They have alternates to slot in your place for these reasons.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Did anyone get a call yet?

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Maybe this week? I wish everyone well and good luck!

Cleetus

New

Post by Cleetus » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:29 am

Hopefully! I'm starting to go a little crazy....

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:00 pm

Cleetus wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:29 am
Tell me about it!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thriller1122

Bronze

Post by thriller1122 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:17 pm

They posted on Facebook about the JAG Corps' birthday. I feel like they should have to put NO RESULTS YET at the top of every post. Good luck to all who applied!
Wannalaw18 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:00 pm
Cleetus wrote:
Tell me about it!

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:40 pm

thriller1122 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:17 pm
They posted on Facebook about the JAG Corps' birthday. I feel like they should have to put NO RESULTS YET at the top of every post. Good luck to all who applied!
Wannalaw18 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:00 pm
Cleetus wrote:
Tell me about it!
That would be a fun requirement! I've been in the Navy for about 8 years already so I know the struggle of waiting when anxious!

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:55 pm

With the update about the application site going down tomorrow, I wonder if calls will go out today before that happens?

wellpleadcomplaint03

New

Post by wellpleadcomplaint03 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:26 pm

So....tomorrow? At this point need to hear--going crazy! Lol. I guess since nobody else has heard yet good news for all....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

UMNLawBee

New

Post by UMNLawBee » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:30 pm

This whole thing is really starting to get a little wild! Maybe they’ve already made their calls and updated the application status but didn’t post a notice that results had dropped on FB like they have in the past? (In that case none of made the cut though!)

Has anyone actually logged on to check their app status? My password locked out several weeks ago and I didn’t want to email to get it reset so early and now I’m just afraid of giving them another thing to do that might slow them down!

Wishing you all luck. As anxious as the rest of ya!

Wannalaw18

New

Post by Wannalaw18 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:25 am

UMNLawBee wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:30 pm
This whole thing is really starting to get a little wild! Maybe they’ve already made their calls and updated the application status but didn’t post a notice that results had dropped on FB like they have in the past? (In that case none of made the cut though!)

Has anyone actually logged on to check their app status? My password locked out several weeks ago and I didn’t want to email to get it reset so early and now I’m just afraid of giving them another thing to do that might slow them down!

Oh I've checked a lot and there has been no update so we will see. I've been selected for orders recently in case I don't get picked up this cycle and I emailed to notify the office of that but I imagine they are swamped right now. We have to remember though that this week were also the results release for Chief Warrant Officer selections and that packet does go through JAG at some level. I'm not sure if that impacted anything but who knows??

UMNLawBee

New

Post by UMNLawBee » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Wannalaw18 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:25 am
UMNLawBee wrote:

Oh I've checked a lot and there has been no update so we will see. I've been selected for orders recently in case I don't get picked up this cycle and I emailed to notify the office of that but I imagine they are swamped right now. We have to remember though that this week were also the results release for Chief Warrant Officer selections and that packet does go through JAG at some level. I'm not sure if that impacted anything but who knows??
Ahhh, haha, good to know. Yeah, I'm sure they're busy. I think they recently turned over at least some JAGs at code 61 rotating on new orders and I know they've also had trouble with the application system in general so I wonder if all of that (paired with the new notice about changing sites) is creating unusual impediments. Either way, if I get a call, I'll be sure to come back here and give an update ASAP.

mxm2815

New

Post by mxm2815 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Does anyone's application now show that there "no application has been received for your account. Note that outdated or incomplete applications may be removed by an administrator"?

It said pending through today for me until when I just checked.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mxm2815

New

Post by mxm2815 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:55 am

mxm2815 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:58 pm
Does anyone's application now show that there "no application has been received for your account. Note that outdated or incomplete applications may be removed by an administrator"?

It said pending through today for me until when I just checked.
Nevermind, it is back to pending for me.

hkhmc36

New

Post by hkhmc36 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Wannalaw18 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:25 am
UMNLawBee wrote:

I've also been checking non-stop and mine still says pending. I'll be sure to also update here when I get results. Good luck to all and hopefully the acceptance rate is a bit higher this time around!

wellpleadcomplaint03

New

Post by wellpleadcomplaint03 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:03 pm

This is agonizing, have just been refreshing and haven't gotten any studying in LOL. Hope you all are done w/exams....

dg567

New

Post by dg567 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Agreed! This seems pretty late compared to the normal timeline. Hoping to get an answer either way soon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wellpleadcomplaint03

New

Post by wellpleadcomplaint03 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Welp....anyone got any insight on what's going on? Haven't heard of anyone getting a call yet.

hkhmc36

New

Post by hkhmc36 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:16 pm

wellpleadcomplaint03 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:13 pm
Welp....anyone got any insight on what's going on? Haven't heard of anyone getting a call yet.
I've checked about 100 times today. It's good because no answer is better than seeing "not professionally recommended" but I can't take the anticipation. Let's hope it comes before the holidays.

seanajb

New

Post by seanajb » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:16 pm

Any updates? Anyone try reaching out?

seanajb

New

Post by seanajb » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:23 am

So..Anyone receive a call yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.