Civ Pro Open Book Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Mamba1991

New

Civ Pro Open Book

Post by Mamba1991 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 am

Anyone have any tips for an open book civ pro exam? It will be my first open book and I'm not sure exactly what to bring on test day. For my other exams that were closed book I tried to whittle down the material into a page or two and memorize all the topics, but since this is open book the prof. expects more citing of statutes and black letter law. Should I just bring in my skeleton outline with more law and cases mixed in? I don't want to be flipping through lots of pages for the exam. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

collegebum1989

Bronze

Re: Civ Pro Open Book

Post by collegebum1989 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 am

Our Civ Pro test was also open book. Depending n what your prof focused on through the semester, I would prepare a one-page attack sheet with check list for issue-spotting and maybe a 5-8 pg outline of the course with highlights of major topics.

It also helped me to bring actual text of the FRCP and applicable statutes since our prof tested to see if we could apply the different rules and how they interact in factual scenarios.

PM me and I can send you my stuff.

pancakes3

Platinum

Re: Civ Pro Open Book

Post by pancakes3 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm

I had a quick and dirty list for the Rules and Statutes and tabbed sparing in the FRCP.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”