Can this MPRE score be right? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
shanahan14

New

Can this MPRE score be right?

Post by shanahan14 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:02 pm

First post here so go easy haha.

Just got my MPRE score back and it was a 50?!?! Someone reassure me this cannot be correct. I'm a 3rd year student and I studied for about a week and get pretty solid grades in law school. That would literally mean I got 0/50 correct? That has to be impossible. No I am not some pompous douche who thinks I deserve a 3.3 minimum in every class or its the professors fault.

Should I call them? Kinda pissed if I have to pay a fee to get a recheck because I know I didn't mess anything up and used a no.2 pencil.

Desert Fox

Diamond

Re: Can this MPRE score be right?

Post by Desert Fox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:03 pm

shanahan14 wrote:First post here so go easy haha.

Just got my MPRE score back and it was a 50?!?! Someone reassure me this cannot be correct. I'm a 3rd year student and I studied for about a week and get pretty solid grades in law school. That would literally mean I got 0/50 correct? That has to be impossible. No I am not some pompous douche who thinks I deserve a 3.3 minimum in every class or its the professors fault.

Should I call them? Kinda pissed if I have to pay a fee to get a recheck because I know I didn't mess anything up and used a no.2 pencil.
Did you take practice tests? Because 50 is outrageously bad. I'd get a recheck.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Maybe you mis-bubbled? Because yeah, that would be at the 0 %tile

shanahan14

New

Post by shanahan14 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
shanahan14 wrote:First post here so go easy haha.

Did you take practice tests? Because 50 is outrageously bad. I'd get a recheck.

Yes I studied with a friend and we were to the point of getting about 8/10 questions right. Like I said this has to be an error. On the test I could get it down to 2 answers pretty much every single time with the exception of like 5 questions where it was a blind guess. I'm just trying to confirm to see if getting a 50 is 0/50 right. That makes no sense literally. Don't you get a 50 for essentially filling out the name portion and what not.

shanahan14

New

Post by shanahan14 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:09 pm

scrowell wrote:Maybe you mis-bubbled? Because yeah, that would be at the 0 %tile
I've never done that before, but that seems as if it still would not be correct. There would (logically) still have to be 1 question I got correct lol. I feel as is there was some sort of error where maybe I forgot to fill out a certain test number section or something. Or maybe it didn't read my pencil.

It is essentially theoretically impossible to get 0/50.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:14 pm

shanahan14 wrote:
scrowell wrote:Maybe you mis-bubbled? Because yeah, that would be at the 0 %tile
I've never done that before, but that seems as if it still would not be correct. There would (logically) still have to be 1 question I got correct lol. I feel as is there was some sort of error where maybe I forgot to fill out a certain test number section or something. Or maybe it didn't read my pencil.

It is essentially theoretically impossible to get 0/50.
I know it's scaled 50-150, so I figured a 50 would just be the lowest score. So like even if you got a 15/60, but that was the lowest raw score in the country, that would still be a 50. Maybe I'm wrong though.

For whatever it's worth, I'm sure you did much better than 50 if you were getting 8/10 on practice tests. I got like 33/50 on the PT I took and I ended up with a 99.

law2015

Bronze

Post by law2015 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:19 pm

I just checked and I don't have my score. Don't they release them all at once?

shanahan14

New

Post by shanahan14 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Right I guess my question now is turning into how does this re-check thing work? As stated I'm not being arrogant I just know that score cannot possibly be correct. Not that I am confident in passing it, but the fact that I was doing pretty well on the practice tests had to have meant something.

I sent an email and got an auto response so I think I will call tomorrow and try and speak to someone. I'll just be pissed if I have to pay a fee to get my score when it appears there was an error and it isn't me complaining that I failed by a few points.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:32 pm

shanahan14 wrote:Right I guess my question now is turning into how does this re-check thing work? As stated I'm not being arrogant I just know that score cannot possibly be correct. Not that I am confident in passing it, but the fact that I was doing pretty well on the practice tests had to have meant something.

I sent an email and got an auto response so I think I will call tomorrow and try and speak to someone. I'll just be pissed if I have to pay a fee to get my score when it appears there was an error and it isn't me complaining that I failed by a few points.
You'll have to pay. $25. And then someone will check the exam by hand.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:37 pm

How did you get this score? I took Nov 1st and haven't heard anything, there is nothing on the website either.

It could be a glitch. It is impossible to get a 50 unless your sheet was fucked up or couldn't read your pencil marking or whatever.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:56 pm

shanahan14

New

Post by shanahan14 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:00 am

Since a lot of people did not get their score, I'm assuming it may be a glitch.

Also with the bubbling issue, hear me out, even if that was the case I would imagine you would theoretically still get quite a few correct answers. Like even if I were a wizard and went 50/50 and mis-bubbled, I would still end up getting the ones correct where the answer was "c" twice in a row. It just doesn't seem correct. I'm usually very good about that too, I will always check to make sure they match up.

dotbun

New

Post by dotbun » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:17 am

I've received my test score already and passed (CA). I never received an email, but I checked the ncbex website and it was in my file cabinet. Maybe they haven't finished processing all of the scores yet? Good luck to everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:35 am

shanahan14 wrote:Since a lot of people did not get their score, I'm assuming it may be a glitch.

Also with the bubbling issue, hear me out, even if that was the case I would imagine you would theoretically still get quite a few correct answers. Like even if I were a wizard and went 50/50 and mis-bubbled, I would still end up getting the ones correct where the answer was "c" twice in a row. It just doesn't seem correct. I'm usually very good about that too, I will always check to make sure they match up.
A zero percentile doesn't mean zero right. It's probably like 30% correct.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:13 am

I checked the wrong website - I have my score.

This sounds like a misbubble issue for sure.

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:53 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
shanahan14 wrote:Since a lot of people did not get their score, I'm assuming it may be a glitch.

A zero percentile doesn't mean zero right. It's probably like 30% correct.
This is what I was thinking.

mxg10

New

Post by mxg10 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:54 am

:cry: What ended up happening?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”