DF Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Big Red

Gold

Re: Your slacking off will literally ruin your life in one month

Post by Big Red » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Nebby wrote:
Poldy wrote:I don't see why starting serious studying two weeks out from your first final means you're toast. If you've kept up all semester, I'd think it would be fine.

I'm a 1L so you probably shouldn't listen to me.
I kept up with my work all semester so I started final exam studying one week before finals. Spent about 10 hours, spread over two days, for each class.
I feel like your margin of error in how cold you know the material is a lot bigger when you have the gift of exam writing, and that those people suck

EzraFitz

Silver

Post by EzraFitz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:12 am

Big Red wrote:
Nebby wrote:
Poldy wrote:I don't see why starting serious studying two weeks out from your first final means you're toast. If you've kept up all semester, I'd think it would be fine.

I'm a 1L so you probably shouldn't listen to me.
I kept up with my work all semester so I started final exam studying one week before finals. Spent about 10 hours, spread over two days, for each class.
I feel like your margin of error in how cold you know the material is a lot bigger when you have the gift of exam writing, and that those people suck
Yeah, I had an almost identical situation as another 1L last year, never missed a class, never missed a reading, knew the material back and forth. Both spent probably 10 hours outlining and 20 more hours studying per class. One near median, one near the top of the class.

You aren't screwed starting now. But make sure a lot lot of your studying is taking PTs, to ensure you actually know how to take the exam and not just the material itself.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 pm

The hours spent aren't relevant without knowing what the person was doing. There are also a lot of schools where being able to read and write is enough to get a good grade. A friend of mine from high school transferred from a fourth-tier school to a top-14, and struggled at the latter despite working as hard as 1L when most people slacked off.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”