DF Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
eagle2a

Bronze

Re: Your slacking off will literally ruin your life in one month

Post by eagle2a » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:03 am

Finals in 2 weeks and I'm just now starting to study. Is my life ruined?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:36 pm

eagle2a wrote:Finals in 2 weeks and I'm just now starting to study. Is my life ruined?
Depends. You got good outlines and PTs? If so and you're a naturally good law school exam taker, you're good.

umichman

Bronze

Post by umichman » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:32 pm

eagle2a wrote:Finals in 2 weeks and I'm just now starting to study. Is my life ruined?
are you a 1l or a 2l

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:08 pm

Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:07 pm

eagle2a is building an impressive body of work on these fora.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xael

Platinum

Post by xael » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:27 pm

You should probably drop out

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:28 pm

I don't see why starting serious studying two weeks out from your first final means you're toast. If you've kept up all semester, I'd think it would be fine.

I'm a 1L so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

WestWingWatcher

Bronze

Post by WestWingWatcher » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Poldy wrote:I don't see why starting serious studying two weeks out from your first final means you're toast. If you've kept up all semester, I'd think it would be fine.

Agreed. I started studying 10 days before my first exam (no outlining or anything before that) and did fine (top 10%). That said, as Poldy said, I did do all my readings throughout the semester (and attended every class), and I think that is what made it okay.

Desert Fox

Diamond

DFTHREAD

Post by Desert Fox » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:53 pm

WestWingWatcher wrote:
Poldy wrote:I don't see why starting serious studying two weeks out from your first final means you're toast. If you've kept up all semester, I'd think it would be fine.

Agreed. I started studying 10 days before my first exam (no outlining or anything before that) and did fine (top 10%). That said, as Poldy said, I did do all my readings throughout the semester (and attended every class), and I think that is what made it okay.
This is my hope. I've done all the reading, attended every class, and started one of my three classes (contracts) early. The other two I'm just now starting but I don't feel that I'm behind at all. Guess I'll see if it worked out in January.

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

see you at OCI - "My first semester doesn't accurately match my abilities and work ethic"
It matches my work ethic just fine. Stay on top of shit so that you don't have to make yourself miserable at the end.

eagle2a

Bronze

Post by eagle2a » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:59 am

Yeah I mean I go to class 90% of the time and have mostly kept up with the readings. I've got outlines from people who were top 15%. I'm planning on studying those/supplements/and doing practice exams for the next 2 weeks

n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t

Bronze

Post by n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:55 am

That is easily sufficient to do very well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:19 am

So long as you are naturally good at the thing that you have literally never done in your life, and have no way of knowing whether or not you are good at until it is too late, then yes, everything will be fine.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Poldy wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

see you at OCI - "My first semester doesn't accurately match my abilities and work ethic"
It matches my work ethic just fine. Stay on top of shit so that you don't have to make yourself miserable at the end.
Miserable is the sweet spot

Companion Cube

Silver

Post by Companion Cube » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Bust dat ass 1L so you can phone it in 2L

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:30 am

Now is the time to be in the Library from 7:30 am - 11:00 pm, fyi

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:43 am

star fox wrote:Now is the time to be in the Library from 7:30 am - 11:00 pm, pray to the patron saint of median fyi

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:48 am

star fox wrote:Now is the time to be in the Library from 7:30 am - 11:00 pm, fyi
Every law library this time of year is a nervous hell hole of stress pheromones transmitted via stress farts that become trapped between the pages of the books. Unless it has some sort of exclusive, limited access quiet study room (I miss you law library at MSU, you were cool like that), I recommend staying away from the library. That was just me though.

My belief is that once its go-crunch time, work hard, but if we feel a nap coming on, take it, regardless of time of day. Don't study with sleepy eyes.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:47 pm

I kept up with my work all semester so I started final exam studying one week before finals. Spent about 10 hours, spread over two days, for each class.

Poldy

Silver

Post by Poldy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Nebby wrote:

I kept up with my work all semester so I started final exam studying one week before finals. Spent about 10 hours, spread over two days, for each class.
Because it is you, I don't know if you're serious or trying to troll me into poor grades.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Poldy wrote:
Nebby wrote:

Because it is you, I don't know if you're serious or trying to troll me into poor grades.
I'm serious. I don't troll the on-topics.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Nebby wrote:
Poldy wrote:
Nebby wrote:

I'm serious. I don't troll the on-topics.
Yeah, this doesn't strike me as crazy. If you've been attending class diligently all semester, doing the readings, and filling in your understanding with supplements as needed, there really isn't a need to go HAM. I had median grades my 1L year though, so make of that what you will.

totesTheGoat

Silver

Post by totesTheGoat » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Poldy wrote:
Nebby wrote:

We had an ice storm blow through my fall 1L semester. Therefore, I was chopping wood to get it off my house out of my driveway instead of studying. The result was starting studying for certain exams 18 hours beforehand. I was barely on the happy side of median that semester. I wasn't particularly great at keeping up with the readings, but I didn't just slack off in class.

Studying can be done in a crunch, but it's not recommended. Start prepping at least a week in advance.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Who are you people who pay for tuition, but slack on the readings?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”