. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Biglawprettyplease

New

Post by Biglawprettyplease » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Last edited by Biglawprettyplease on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Open Memo Help!!! Please!!!

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:42 pm

1) moved to correct forum
2) not likely very helpful because different profs at different schools may have different expectations; you should hit up 2Ls/3Ls at your school.

(Also, does your school's honor code allow outside help?)

Biglawprettyplease

New

Post by Biglawprettyplease » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:02 pm

2) not likely very helpful because different profs at different schools may have different expectations; you should hit up 2Ls/3Ls at your school.

Thanks for the assistance, I've seen these forums for awhile but I just started using them

and a person in my class told me he asked my professor and he said as long as we did all the research ourselves it was ok, especially since other people probably have different jurisdicitons

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:03 pm

what did you possibly do the rest of the semester in LRW that makes this such a mystery for you? Your prof probably wants specifically what they've been teaching..

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Biglawprettyplease wrote:Hello everyone, (specifically 2L's and 3L's) I'm hoping you all can find it within yourselves to empathize with the terribly stressful time us 1L's are faced with this November. While you reminisce about those hard times you faced, I was wondering if you could find it in your hearts to give back and help your fellow law student out. Would you mind either attaching or PM'ing your memo just so I (or, with your permission, our other fellow 1L students) could get a sense of the overall formatting of your memo? Any tips would be appreciated!

Bonus points if you wrote about a non-compete!

Thanks!
Questions Presented/Issues

Brief Answer

Brief Statement of Facts

Discussion

Goldman Sachs non-compete agreement is invalid because it unreasonable.

I. Goldman Sachs Non Compete Agreement Is Too Broad As It Goes Beyond Its Geographic Scope.
Repeat heading above. Then state the rule. Then talk about how its beyond the geography. Incorporate case law. blah, blah, blah.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Biglawprettyplease

New

Post by Biglawprettyplease » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:30 pm

sparty99 wrote:
Biglawprettyplease wrote:Hello everyone, (specifically 2L's and 3L's) I'm hoping you all can find it within yourselves to empathize with the terribly stressful time us 1L's are faced with this November. While you reminisce about those hard times you faced, I was wondering if you could find it in your hearts to give back and help your fellow law student out. Would you mind either attaching or PM'ing your memo just so I (or, with your permission, our other fellow 1L students) could get a sense of the overall formatting of your memo? Any tips would be appreciated!

Bonus points if you wrote about a non-compete!

Thanks!
Questions Presented/Issues

Brief Answer

Brief Statement of Facts

Discussion

Goldman Sachs non-compete agreement is invalid because it unreasonable.

I. Goldman Sachs Non Compete Agreement Is Too Broad As It Goes Beyond Its Geographic Scope.
Repeat heading above. Then state the rule. Then talk about how its beyond the geography. Incorporate case law. blah, blah, blah.
Thanks for your help!

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Biglawprettyplease wrote: and a person in my class told me he asked my professor and he said as long as we did all the research ourselves it was ok, especially since other people probably have different jurisdicitons
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:06 am

Biglawprettyplease wrote:

Thanks for the assistance, I've seen these forums for awhile but I just started using them

and a person in my class told me he asked my professor and he said as long as we did all the research ourselves it was ok, especially since other people probably have different jurisdicitons
LOL. Our LRW prof at GULC told us not to even respond to "what are you doing tonight" with "working on my memo"

Fuck graded LRW so hard. Soooooo hard.

sparty99

Gold

Post by sparty99 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 am

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Biglawprettyplease wrote:

LOL. Our LRW prof at GULC told us not to even respond to "what are you doing tonight" with "working on my memo"

Fuck graded LRW so hard. Soooooo hard.
Can you speak english? You aren't even making sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:00 am

Sure he is.

Attax

Gold

Post by Attax » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Is it not so formulaic enough already that you can't follow your professor's basic formula for an outline?

This is something I haven't understood, I have classmates who have lost points because they couldn't follow a very simple CREACC structure as per my prof's instructions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”