Contracts hypo on employee Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
yguy

New

Contracts hypo on employee

Post by yguy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 am

Hi,

So I believe that an employee, probably at-will, will be a character and his problems a major issue in one question on my contracts exam. Issues with apparent/actual authority might be incorporated. This belief is based on what the professor chooses to focus on in class. Of course it could be wrong. And yes it is too bad that I can't be more specific.

Can anyone point to some good hypos on at-will employees and apparent/actual authority? What would you consider to be typical issues in such hypos?

Thanks.

patogordo

Gold

Re: Contracts hypo on employee

Post by patogordo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:38 am

you steal a test bro?

yguy

New

Post by yguy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:39 am

used to be a tutor, hoping i can still pick up on things like this.

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Post by lacrossebrother » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:05 am

search new york and some other states for "at-will" /p "actual authority" then filter by contracts cases?

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:09 pm

The e&e by blum is pretty good. Just remember that there's rarely a wrongful termination situation in an at-will scenario unless the employee was terminated for refusing to go against public policy- in most jurisdictions. Continuation of employment in an at-will situation is also valid consideration because the employer suffers a legal detriment (something he has the right to do or doesn't have to do) by keeping the employee around.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”