[Old thread - from fall 2014] TheSeaLocust's 1L Exam Strategy Tutoring Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
thesealocust

Platinum

Re: [Open for Business] TheSeaLocust's 1L Exam Strategy Tutoring

Post by thesealocust » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:Is it just you? Are there classes? What do you do for different professors? Were you law review at UVA? Not grilling. I'm legitimately curious.
It's just me. There aren't classes, but there are exercises, feedback, and one on one email exchanges + phone consultations.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "what do you do for different professors." The course focuses on best studying + exam taking practices for the most common law school exams (racehorse issue spotters). I'm also working on guides to cover curveballs (multiple choice, policy questions, word limits, take home exams, etc.).

I try not to talk about my background much on TLS, but since my anonymity is fading anyway: yes, I was on law review at UVA. At least while I was there, some editors were selected based on GPA, and I had the second highest GPA my 1L year.
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:55 pm

What did the best GPA do better than you? Did they take more stimulants than you.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:What did the best GPA do better than you? Did they take more stimulants than you.
As far as I know, nobody else showed up to every exam with a bottle of ibuprofen and a bottle of caffeine pills :D

ZonaLaw

New

Post by ZonaLaw » Thu May 28, 2015 6:31 pm

So I'm curious how this all turned out?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”