Legal Grades are Bullshit Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
First Offense

Platinum

Re: Legal Grades are Bullshit

Post by First Offense » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Pokemon wrote:Did all of you wake five days later to discover this comment. The point is to show that legal grades might be bs cause some people may know how to write exams before others. Read the entire thread.
How does that make legal grades bullshit?

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:15 pm

I took a 1L elective class last semester of 3L. Aced it with minimal effort. Even a 1L that works his ass off can't beat someone who flat out knows how to write an exam.

Edit to add that the elective was Admin, not international humanitarian and chinese law.
You are graded against 1Ls in a 1L elective class? I think its a separate curve. It is for my school at least (random t20)

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:40 pm

rivermaker wrote:
I took a 1L elective class last semester of 3L. Aced it with minimal effort. Even a 1L that works his ass off can't beat someone who flat out knows how to write an exam.

Edit to add that the elective was Admin, not international humanitarian and chinese law.
You are graded against 1Ls in a 1L elective class? I think its a separate curve. It is for my school at least (random t20)
Pretty sure all J.D. students are on the same curve for electives at my T20, but there are no "1L" elective classes; 1Ls get one spring elective and can choose any elective they have the prerequisites for, which narrows the list some because quite a few require con law or corporations.

It's A Lion

Gold

Post by It's A Lion » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am

Who bankrolled six years of law school? Hopefully not Sallie.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”