Did I fail my exam? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NotMyRealName09

Silver

Re: Did I fail my exam?

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:41 pm

BPLawl wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:So I am freaking out and I think I failed my exam. The multiple choice was crazy as fuck and I think I did bad on it. I talked to a couple of other classmates and they came up with different answers than I did. I know I got at least two wrong because I looked it up afterwards.

Next, the short essay portion was about 10 short essay questions and I did not know the answer to two of them, and this section was worth the most. Additionally, one of them I did not answer completely because I did not know the rest of the question.

The long essay - worth less than the short essays. This area I believed I did decent on, but I still don't think I got all the issues. Im sweating bullets over here. I talked to a classmate who said they did not mention one thing, but I mentioned it so Idk. Then another classmate said he didnt do much studying on a topic the professor talked about the last week of class and that was an issue in the fact pattern so he said he took his best shot at it. I'm hoping I did not fail, clearly I did not get an A, but Im hoping I can get a mid to low B? I'm fearing that i didnt even get C. Any thoughts please?

Multiple choice and long essay were worth equal points, while the short essay was worth 10 points more than the mc and long essay.
You go to Cornell. Believe me, you did not just fail Property. They don't fail people here. I don't think Und. gives out Cs even! But go check her previous curves in the black binder by the registrar. HTH.

Also, perilously close to outing yourself.
Oh fucking snap

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sat May 03, 2014 12:04 am

Hard is good

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Sat May 03, 2014 12:05 am

BPLawl wrote:You go to Cornell. Believe me, you did not just fail Property. They don't fail people here. I don't think Und. gives out Cs even! But go check her previous curves in the black binder by the registrar. HTH.

Also, perilously close to outing yourself.
+1

Chill out, bro. It sounds like you did fine.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 am

We get about one of these threads every semester.

kay2016

Silver

Post by kay2016 » Sat May 03, 2014 12:33 am

sopranorleone wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:What if you make inferences from the facts? Aren't you not supposed to assume facts that are not there? I did this in my exam, made some inferences to help my argument.
It's fine to make inferences from the facts; just note that you're making an inference and explain why it's reasonable.

One of my professors explicitly asked us to do that.. We had really short fact patterns and so he expected us to play the what if game to cover everything..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

whut

New

Post by whut » Sat May 03, 2014 12:34 am

when in doubt just outline dump
they tell you "not" to do that, but it never really gets punished

anori

New

Post by anori » Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Meh. You probably didn't fail. I managed to make it out of Evidence with a B, despite putting in extremely little effort until the last week of the quarter, when I really hit the books. The depressing thing is that I've received the same grade in classes where I really busted my butt. Oh well. I guess that's law school.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon May 05, 2014 12:35 pm

I felt unconscionably shitty about my Contracts exam (worst written exam of my life, professor was an absentee little shit who didnt test course material, part MC, part essay), and as it turned out I performed as unconscionably shitty as I felt. I think I got something like 11/25 questions right, and prof didn't read my essay portion.

That got me a median grade in the course. So chill.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Mon May 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Does this prof (or any of your other ones) post model answers to past exams? Reading them should put your mind at ease. Even the best answers don't hit all the issues. I just read one for my criminal law class where one of the model answers completely misread an important part of the prompt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JDot

New

Post by JDot » Mon May 05, 2014 1:22 pm

Took my property exam last Thursday which was easily the hardest exam of my life....some 4 page, convoluted fact pattern and 4 essay questions, I literally wrote nothing for one of the essay questions because I had no idea we even learned the subject matter in the course....pretty bummed because I studied hard and thought I knew the material well....

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:28 pm

No you didn't fail, but you definitely didn't hit median.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon May 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:No you didn't fail, but you definitely didn't hit median.
it's actually shocking how badly you can do in some classes and still get median.

TheLonelyToaster

New

Post by TheLonelyToaster » Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Speak loudly and grasp a thick stick is my motto. Lookin up at you Teddy (What a G; i know you'd appreciate my modification)

I'm about to lay some truth on you.

There is ZERO point in your post and ZERO point in you worrying. The more you worry the worse it will be; the more it will interfere with you doing well on your next exams and potentially saving your grade (if you in fact did bad).

Shut up and get back to studying.

#Yolo

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm

This is almost clique at this point, but all the classes I thought I booked I did decent on, and the classes I thought I failed I booked.

Mr. Pink

Bronze

Post by Mr. Pink » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:06 am

rivermaker wrote:This is almost clique at this point, but all the classes I thought I booked I did decent on, and the classes I thought I failed I booked.
I'm this way even within the exams. I will feel great about MCQs and horrible about the essays; then the scores reflect the opposite. Topics I seem comfortable with I score less than on the ones I typically struggle with... I don't get it; I don't care. I'm at the bar review point where it boils down to minimum competency... pretty sure I got at least that.

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm

I feel you Mr. Pink

Ohiobumpkin

Silver

Post by Ohiobumpkin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:13 pm

rivermaker wrote:This is almost clique at this point, but all the classes I thought I booked I did decent on, and the classes I thought I failed I booked.
Same experience.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Well, since bumpkin took the liberty of reviving this thread, the only question left is : OP, how did you do on this exam? You must have your grades by now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”