Advice - 2 page outline for Civ Pro II Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
PotLuck

Bronze

Advice - 2 page outline for Civ Pro II

Post by PotLuck » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey all,

My civ pro II teacher is only allowing us to have 2 pages (front and back) for our final. My initially reaction was to compress my 15-20 pg outline into the two pages with small font. However, I thought I'd check to see if anyone had any other advice.

rise1289

New

Re: Advice - 2 page outline for Civ Pro II

Post by rise1289 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:07 pm

PotLuck wrote:Hey all,

My civ pro II teacher is only allowing us to have 2 pages (front and back) for our final. My initially reaction was to compress my 15-20 pg outline into the two pages with small font. However, I thought I'd check to see if anyone had any other advice.

I did this for every 1l class and admin. I break the page into two columns and use 9-10pt font. I try to summarize key concepts into one or two words and then add in rules and cases. Then, I print it out and color code with highlighters (big topic, subject, case, rule etc.)

Example:obviously the format is messed up
Personal jurisdiction
1)Waiver – Rule 12 – first motion
2)Traditional Basis (Scalia v. Brenn)
a. Presence (Burnham)
b. Consent (Carnival clauses)
c. Intentional tort (Calder v. jones)
d. Domicile (Milliken v. Meyer)
3)International shoe
a. In rem (Shaffer – usually ok)
b. Continuous and sys and related (ok)
c. C+S but unrelated general juris.
i. Perkins*ohio
ii. Helicopteros –buying,
iii. Good year – selling
d. Isolated not related (NO)
e. Isolated but related: Min con + fair (PA)
i. Mcgee – bought company yes
ii. Hanson – trust unilateral no
iii. WWVW – min contact (not forsee)
iv. Burger King – contract availment

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Focus on the big stuff. I don't know how your course is divided, but SMJ, PJ, Venue, Erie, some of the joinder rules, complaint/answer/motion to dismiss/sj stuff, etc. would be the big stuff. Put that in your outline in a way that satisfies you and use the extra space for the smaller things. The big stuff is where most of the points on the exam will be. I might also have a statute cheat sheet for jurisdiction and venue for quick citations if your professor is into that sort of stuff.

PotLuck

Bronze

Post by PotLuck » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:36 pm

arklaw13 wrote:Focus on the big stuff. I don't know how your course is divided, but SMJ, PJ, Venue, Erie, some of the joinder rules, complaint/answer/motion to dismiss/sj stuff, etc. would be the big stuff. Put that in your outline in a way that satisfies you and use the extra space for the smaller things. The big stuff is where most of the points on the exam will be. I might also have a statute cheat sheet for jurisdiction and venue for quick citations if your professor is into that sort of stuff.
This would be awesome!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”