How do/did you study for final exams and the bar? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Gee10

New

How do/did you study for final exams and the bar?

Post by Gee10 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:26 am

I'm a law professor and I'm trying to understand how people tend to prepare for exams during law school, as well as the bar. So, how do/did you do it? Outlines? Flashcards? Notes? Create your own, buy them, use a classmate's or, some combo? What do you like about your method (whether outlines/flashcards/notes/other) and what do you dislike?

Also, a big thank you to all. I'm asking about this as part of the research for a spaced repetition platform I'm working on for law students. I posted about this project here last week and I got such a fantastic response - from comments on this board to the DMs folks sent. Within 48 hours of that message going up, 250 people had signed up to do a free beta test of the platform when it debuts in April. We're somewhere around 400 now.

I can't thank you all enough for the encouragement, support, feedback (both positive and negative) and just general willingness to discuss the project. I fully believe this will make folks way, way better at learning, so I hope you find it useful.

(incidentally, if you still want in, you're welcome to join. Beta is 100% free and we'll remain in beta until after both spring exams and the July bar. To sign up for free beta, just go to spacedrepetition.com and enter your email. Once you have, we'll reach out around April 21, when beta begins. The more the merrier.).

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Re: How do/did you study for final exams and the bar?

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm

You're selling something. You may couch in terms of "it's free for now," but you're selling something and it's obvious.

And everyone who replied to your last thread was an obvious plant with like 12 posts total. Surprised your threads haven't been locked for solicitation of a for profit study program.

helfer snooterbagon

Bronze

Re: How do/did you study for final exams and the bar?

Post by helfer snooterbagon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:31 pm

Boom goes the dynamite

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”