Does Barbri Location Matter? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
turbotong

Bronze

Does Barbri Location Matter?

Post by turbotong » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Does it matter which campus location you pick to take your Barbri class? Do they use different teachers of different quality at the various campuses, or do all of them teach the same exact same content?

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Re: Does Barbri Location Matter?

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:46 pm

It's the same teacher everywhere in the country for MBEs.

As for state essays, it's the same for every location in your state. You will be watching a recording.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:54 am

Gamecubesupreme wrote:It's the same teacher everywhere in the country for MBEs.

As for state essays, it's the same for every location in your state. You will be watching a recording.
Location does not matter within a state, unless you take it at the one live location. Everywhere else will be DVDs.

However, it is not the same teacher everywhere in the country for MBEs. You learn state-specific law embedded within the MBE subjects for the state's essays on the MBE subjects.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:28 pm

5ky wrote:However, it is not the same teacher everywhere in the country for MBEs. You learn state-specific law embedded within the MBE subjects for the state's essays on the MBE subjects.
I'm pretty sure none of the Barbri MBE lecturers discussed anything about specific state laws. For Contract, I specifically remember Epstein saying your state lecturers will supplement missing materials.

And I know a few of my friends taking the bar in different states who also had Chemerinsky for Con Law, Epstein for Contract, and Rossi for Evidence, so I assumed for MBE subjects, it's the same professor for all 50 states.

Which would make sense, considering the MBE is the same for all 50 states.

fanlinxun

Bronze

Post by fanlinxun » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:49 pm

It's best at home. You get the same content, but you can speed up the lectures on your computer. The lecturers speak about twice as fast as is necessary to fill in the note sheets and repeat way too much.

I would especially recommend speeding up the property multi-state lecture. I can't imagine sitting through that singing at normal speed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:17 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:
5ky wrote:However, it is not the same teacher everywhere in the country for MBEs. You learn state-specific law embedded within the MBE subjects for the state's essays on the MBE subjects.
I'm pretty sure none of the Barbri MBE lecturers discussed anything about specific state laws. For Contract, I specifically remember Epstein saying your state lecturers will supplement missing materials.

And I know a few of my friends taking the bar in different states who also had Chemerinsky for Con Law, Epstein for Contract, and Rossi for Evidence, so I assumed for MBE subjects, it's the same professor for all 50 states.

Which would make sense, considering the MBE is the same for all 50 states.
Maybe NY specifically is different, but every one of our MBE subject lectures had NY distinctions. Where would you even learn your state distinctions for those subjects, unless you had separate lectures for them?

I didn't have any of those people for my MBE lectures. Here's the 2013 NY barbri schedule: --LinkRemoved--

And heres the 2013 VA barbri schedule: --LinkRemoved--

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 pm

5ky wrote:Where would you even learn your state distinctions for those subjects, unless you had separate lectures for them?
Yeah, we had a separate lecture where one guy went over all the PA distinctions with us.

I thought that was the case for all 50 states. Weird.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”