After Grades - What did we learn? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: After Grades - What did we learn?

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:42 pm

If all else fails, there's always ATL.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:53 pm

betasteve wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:If all else fails, there's always ATL.
+1
Wow, I think we just found a practical use for that website.

TTT-LS

Silver

Post by TTT-LS » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
NO. Chadwick, do NOT do this. Talk to me first if you are even thinking about it. Yes, some others will be entertained, but rest assured, it is neither in your personal interest nor the school's interest do go to ATL. I absolutely agree that you ought to pursue whatever internal remedies are available, and will help you do that as much as I can, but once those are out, it's over.
What's wrong with going to ATL?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Cavalier wrote:
TTT-LS wrote:
NO. Chadwick, do NOT do this. Talk to me first if you are even thinking about it. Yes, some others will be entertained, but rest assured, it is neither in your personal interest nor the school's interest do go to ATL. I absolutely agree that you ought to pursue whatever internal remedies are available, and will help you do that as much as I can, but once those are out, it's over.
It would probably make the rest of his stay at that law school pretty miserable, I imagine. I didn't mean it that seriously, but then again, if he runs out of options at his school and can't get anywhere, there's not much there left to save anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:09 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
TTT-LS wrote:
It would probably make the rest of his stay at that law school pretty miserable, I imagine. I didn't mean it that seriously, but then again, if he runs out of options at his school and can't get anywhere, there's not much there left to save anyway.
Yeah, that's true. I would only go there as a last resort (after the law school administration and the university administration). Then it's either ATL or threaten litigation!

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:11 pm

betasteve wrote:
+1
Hahaha, yeah, the ATL idea is great and would surely make for a very good story of the day. Nevertheless, this would be an even better way to permanently burn bridges ... including those you have yet to build! Moreover, in recent months NU has had more than its fair share of stories published on ATL.

If someone truly wanted strike a blow, they would target USNWR and the rankings! Although no school would likely fall out of the T14, god forbid a school slips and becomes the next GULC :wink: !

TTT-LS

Silver

Post by TTT-LS » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 pm

ATL is a very, very bad idea!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:13 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
Cavalier wrote:Then it's either ATL or threaten litigation!
Yeah, or suck it up, acknowledge that you got a raw deal, and resolve to keep on truckin'. Alienating faculty and administrators you'll need for recs and advice later, showing firms and other employers that you're lawsuit happy, and risking that ATL & co. will label you (even if unfairly) a crybaby hardly seems worth the slim chance of a better grade in one class.
+1

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:18 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
Yeah, or suck it up, acknowledge that you got a raw deal, and resolve to keep on truckin'. Alienating faculty and administrators you'll need for recs and advice later, showing firms and other employers that you're lawsuit happy, and risking that ATL & co. will label you (even if unfairly) a crybaby hardly seems worth the slim chance of a better grade in one class.
I would not keep on trucking. I would fight it as far as I could, and if it came down to it, I would transfer. That is absolutely ridiculous, unfair, and has an impact on your career. I would not want to have to attend a school that seriously defended that position to its own student body. Especially based on what you probably are paying them to attend. Fight on! Enjoy the battle!

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:18 pm

betasteve wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:
TTT-LS wrote:
+1
This is a test of your advocacy, of your will, and of your resolve. Are you going to take no for an answer and roll over like the majority of settlement-driven pansy attorneys or are you going to stand up, fight, and live up to the call of the profession, the defense of rights?

+1, I had a similar thought but you expressed it much better than I was going to

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:19 pm

betasteve, aren't you supposed to be drunk right now? I thought that SMU was releasing grades today!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:20 pm

chadwick218 wrote:betasteve, aren't you supposed to be drunk right now? I thought that SMU was releasing grades today!
hahahaha... waiting for the reaction...

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:21 pm

nm
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
Though I'd like to see our monthly ATL article streak unbroken, I don't think in your case it'd be productive for either side...

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:27 pm

betasteve wrote:I'm past angry to just dejected and beaten.
This is how watching the news made me feel tonight.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm

nm
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm

thesealocust wrote:You have an entire thread to whine about politics, get that shit out of our grade vigil / death march into the sea.
All right, all right.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 pm

thesealocust wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:betasteve, aren't you supposed to be drunk right now? I thought that SMU was releasing grades today!
betasteve, earlier today, wrote:We are now hearing that grades "will probably not be up until sometime later in the week"
MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!11!!!1ONEONEONEONEONE
oh, snap!

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Did everyone see UVA's announcement about grades posted on their website? It's here: http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/academics/2010grades.htm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 pm

nm

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:36 pm

thesealocust wrote:--ImageRemoved--
Ahahahahahha I feel better already. :mrgreen:

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 am

Tonight, we learned that the sheer volatility of grades can make me want to hurl.

SplitterPride

New

Post by SplitterPride » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:20 am

I think the later posters in this thread are doing a disservice by chatting about ur petty bullshit in what was for the first few pages pretty solid posts. Please stay on topic and continue the small talk in another thread, preferably in private msgs. Thanks in advance.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”