UBE Feb 2013? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lawdawg09

New

UBE Feb 2013?

Post by lawdawg09 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm

Anyone else taking it?

I need to get used to these stupid 30 min essays...

Bikeflip

Gold

Re: UBE Feb 2013?

Post by Bikeflip » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 am

lawdawg09 wrote:Anyone else taking it?

I need to get used to these stupid 30 min essays...

Nah dude. It's all about knowing how the test is scored: MBE scores are weighted 50%, MEE scores are weighted 30%, and MPT scores are weighted 20% in calculating total scores. You need a score of 270-280 or so to pass. Push hard to nail the MBE: 6 subjects over 200 questions. If you get a 150 or so on the MBE, you can damn near fuck up every essay. Also, I think the UBE will have 2-4 of its MEE questions at least containing an MBE element.

That affects how you study. For example, you're for sure going to see property on the MBE, and the property section on the MBE is worth 8-9% of your full score. Property may also be in an MEE question. Alternatively there's no guarantee you'll see trusts & estates. Even if you do see a trusts question, it's only worth 5% of your full score. I fucked up the trusts question on the July bar, and I still passed.

That all said, you don't want to fully ignore the MEE, but know it matters less for your score than the MBE will.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”