Exam Software? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lizard

New

Exam Software?

Post by Lizard » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:43 am

1) If the professor emails the class the question prompt and simply asks you to use Exam 4 to either write your answers or upload your word doc--is there any way to be confused about whether or not you are logged in to take the test on Exam 4? Hopefully there is no way you can accidentally screw this up and think you are using Exam 4 but fail to save your session with the software? I know Exam 4 saves automatically, but I'm concerned about not logging in properly.

2) Often when filling out online forms my work will not save because of some system or user error and then I will have to go back and fill everything in AGAIN! Or I will submit a form electronically or think I have submitted it, but for whatever reason, my submission has not been recorded. Hopefully these kind of problems are impossible with the exam software?

3) 1) I was just wondering what happens in the unfortunate event that you record the wrong ID when taking an exam on Exam4? Will the registrar be able to identify the test as yours by virtue of the fact that hopefully it is distinguishable from the other exams that match with student exam IDs? (I guess worst case scenario, the registrar could confirm the match between the test and the document automatically saved to your hard drive?

4) There is no way I can think I'm taking the test the right way on Exam 4 but somehow failing to trigger the right mechanisms for my responses to be recorded and submitted to my school?

Thanks!

Pleasye

Platinum

Re: Exam Software?

Post by Pleasye » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:16 am

How have you not even opened your exam software yet. It's January.

Lizard

New

Post by Lizard » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:33 am

Pleasye wrote:How have you not even opened your exam software yet. It's January.
Because my exams are in January? Any chance that you know the answers to my questions?

cynthia rose

Bronze

Post by cynthia rose » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 am

Lizard wrote:
Pleasye wrote:How have you not even opened your exam software yet. It's January.
Because my exams are in January? Any chance that you know the answers to my questions?
I believe what s/he meant was, why have you not opened it yet before your exams so you know how it works. Your questions are easily solved by either a) opening the software to familiarize yourself with it and calm your nerves (the software probably has a practice test that you can use as a test run) or b) asking the registrar, b/c no one here knows how your school would handle issues like incorrect IDs or software glitches.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Exams in January? What is this madness?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

guano

Gold

Post by guano » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Lizard wrote:user error
Are you using a C64 or an Amiga? WTF? Both mac and windows are easy as fuck to use, there's no excuse for user error when it comes to simple shit like this.

If you're too dumb to use a computer properly, I pity your future clients.

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Lizard wrote:1) If the professor emails the class the question prompt and simply asks you to use Exam 4 to either write your answers or upload your word doc--is there any way to be confused about whether or not you are logged in to take the test on Exam 4? Hopefully there is no way you can accidentally screw this up and think you are using Exam 4 but fail to save your session with the software? I know Exam 4 saves automatically, but I'm concerned about not logging in properly.

2) Often when filling out online forms my work will not save because of some system or user error and then I will have to go back and fill everything in AGAIN! Or I will submit a form electronically or think I have submitted it, but for whatever reason, my submission has not been recorded. Hopefully these kind of problems are impossible with the exam software?

3) 1) I was just wondering what happens in the unfortunate event that you record the wrong ID when taking an exam on Exam4? Will the registrar be able to identify the test as yours by virtue of the fact that hopefully it is distinguishable from the other exams that match with student exam IDs? (I guess worst case scenario, the registrar could confirm the match between the test and the document automatically saved to your hard drive?

4) There is no way I can think I'm taking the test the right way on Exam 4 but somehow failing to trigger the right mechanisms for my responses to be recorded and submitted to my school?

Thanks!
You can't write an exam answer out until you're all successfully set up. And the program triple-checks to make sure you've submitted your answer before you exit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”