Property Tree House Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stillwater

Gold

Re: Property Tree House

Post by stillwater » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:21 pm

kckool7 wrote:Just remember, strive to be a thing of a wild nature.
like a ferae naturae without animus revertendi?

MCFC

Platinum

Post by MCFC » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Quality dissentin' here:
They were conquerors of fear, although now and then one of them, as did Floyd Collins, paid with his life, for his hardihood in adventuring into the regions where Charon with his boat had never before seen any but the spirits of the departed. They let themselves down by flimsy ropes into pits that seemed bottomless; they clung to scanty handholds as they skirted the brinks of precipices while the flickering flare of their flaming flambeaux disclosed no bottom to the yawning gulf beneath them; they waded through rushing torrents, not knowing what awaited them on the farther side; they climbed slippery steeps to find other levels; they wounded their bodies on stalagmites and stalactites and other curious and weird formations; they found chambers, star-studded and filled with scintillating light reflected by a phantasmagoria revealing fancied phantoms, and tapestry woven by the toiling gods in the dominion of Erebus; hunger and thirst, danger and deprivation could not stop them. Through days, weeks, months, and years—ever linking chamber with chamber, disclosing an underground land of enchantment, they continued their explorations; through the years they toiled connecting these wonders with the outside world through the entrance on the land of Edwards which he had discovered; through the years they toiled finding safe ways for those who might come to view what they had found and placed their seal upon. They knew nothing, and cared less, of who owned the surface above; they were in another world where no law forbade their footsteps. They created an underground kingdom where Gulliver's people may have lived or where Ayesha may have found the revolving column of fire in which to bathe meant eternal youth.
Although honestly, with the caveat that we're only 3 weeks in, I'm not really getting the sense that "right" and "wrong" answers are any more defined than in other classes. Maybe I'm not welcome in the treehouse.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:27 pm

MCFC wrote:Quality dissentin' here:
They were conquerors of fear, although now and then one of them, as did Floyd Collins, paid with his life, for his hardihood in adventuring into the regions where Charon with his boat had never before seen any but the spirits of the departed. They let themselves down by flimsy ropes into pits that seemed bottomless; they clung to scanty handholds as they skirted the brinks of precipices while the flickering flare of their flaming flambeaux disclosed no bottom to the yawning gulf beneath them; they waded through rushing torrents, not knowing what awaited them on the farther side; they climbed slippery steeps to find other levels; they wounded their bodies on stalagmites and stalactites and other curious and weird formations; they found chambers, star-studded and filled with scintillating light reflected by a phantasmagoria revealing fancied phantoms, and tapestry woven by the toiling gods in the dominion of Erebus; hunger and thirst, danger and deprivation could not stop them. Through days, weeks, months, and years—ever linking chamber with chamber, disclosing an underground land of enchantment, they continued their explorations; through the years they toiled connecting these wonders with the outside world through the entrance on the land of Edwards which he had discovered; through the years they toiled finding safe ways for those who might come to view what they had found and placed their seal upon. They knew nothing, and cared less, of who owned the surface above; they were in another world where no law forbade their footsteps. They created an underground kingdom where Gulliver's people may have lived or where Ayesha may have found the revolving column of fire in which to bathe meant eternal youth.
Although honestly, with the caveat that we're only 3 weeks in, I'm not really getting the sense that "right" and "wrong" answers are any more defined than in other classes. Maybe I'm not welcome in the treehouse.
i would agree with you brah respecting the cut and dried assertion. i think its ambiguously beautiful as f.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 am

We should make something of this thread

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Good question, was wondering the same. I actually just PM'd him a few minutes before you posted that.

Br3v

Gold

Post by Br3v » Thu May 01, 2014 2:01 pm

What is the difference between a negative easement and a an equitable servitude?

For example: A agrees (and intends to bind future assigns) to B to not use A house except for single family use. C buys house from A and has notice.

Seems like it can be an ES easily: (1) intent to bind future (2) touch and concern (3) notice

But couldn't it also be a negative easement appurtenant?

BPLawl

New

Post by BPLawl » Sat May 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Br3v wrote:What is the difference between a negative easement and a an equitable servitude?

For example: A agrees (and intends to bind future assigns) to B to not use A house except for single family use. C buys house from A and has notice.

Seems like it can be an ES easily: (1) intent to bind future (2) touch and concern (3) notice

But couldn't it also be a negative easement appurtenant?
Since I wasted time studying this and it wasn't on my exam:

Negative easements are limited. Usually, things like subjacent rights, right to air and flowing water and window space (sometimes we add conservation and facade and scenic easements under modern statuary law). However, an ES/RC can be about anything. When in doubt ES or RC.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Sat May 03, 2014 2:51 pm

In the darkness that is conlaw, I truly miss propertys guiding light

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sat May 03, 2014 5:40 pm

do not fear, your spiritual leader has returned.

Easy-E

Platinum

Post by Easy-E » Sun May 04, 2014 12:07 pm

stillwater wrote:do not fear, your spiritual leader has returned.

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”