barbri: anyone using only lecture notes + questions? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
curiousjorge

New

barbri: anyone using only lecture notes + questions?

Post by curiousjorge » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:44 pm

i'm a wee behind on barbri prep for NY but I'm thinking all I need at this point is to review lecture notes and practice questions. Is this mistaken? I can't figure out how to or why I would use the CMR or the longer outlines. No AMP. Anyone else studying this way?

remz

New

Re: barbri: anyone using only lecture notes + questions?

Post by remz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm not using AMP because I'm behind. I'm watching the lectures and then reading over my notes and outlines. I'm doing the assigned MBE questions and essays as well.

I only use the CMR to go over topics I don't understand.

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:02 pm

I just use the CMR + MBE questions. Seems to be working well. I also got an outline that details the number of times each rule has been tested and is limited only to topics that have been tested on previous bar exams. I am using that outline review for the essays. I have done some of the lectures but I find that they spend too much time blabbing. The CMR gets straight to the BLL and I can memorize that in half the time it takes to listen to the lectures. I think I will do the lectures for the topics that are new to me tho.

nevdash

Bronze

Post by nevdash » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Haven't touched the CMR or long outline, and I've only done a couple AMPs. It seems like you can learn the really particular rules/exceptions just from practice Qs.

remz

New

Post by remz » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:57 pm

swc65 wrote:I just use the CMR + MBE questions. Seems to be working well. I also got an outline that details the number of times each rule has been tested and is limited only to topics that have been tested on previous bar exams. I am using that outline review for the essays. I have done some of the lectures but I find that they spend too much time blabbing. The CMR gets straight to the BLL and I can memorize that in half the time it takes to listen to the lectures. I think I will do the lectures for the topics that are new to me tho.
Would you mind sharing that "outline that details the number of times each rule has been tested"? Maybe through Google Drive or a Dropbox link?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blong4133

Bronze

Post by blong4133 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 pm

remz wrote:
swc65 wrote:I just use the CMR + MBE questions. Seems to be working well. I also got an outline that details the number of times each rule has been tested and is limited only to topics that have been tested on previous bar exams. I am using that outline review for the essays. I have done some of the lectures but I find that they spend too much time blabbing. The CMR gets straight to the BLL and I can memorize that in half the time it takes to listen to the lectures. I think I will do the lectures for the topics that are new to me tho.
Would you mind sharing that "outline that details the number of times each rule has been tested"? Maybe through Google Drive or a Dropbox link?
I'm interested in this as well if you don't mind sharing.

And in regards to the OP's question, I've been using primarily the lecture notes. I listen to the lectures, make some flash cards and look to the CMR or big outline for things I'm fuzzy on. But I really think that doing all the questions are starting to help. Either that, or they're just getting easier in difficulty. I just did the Mixed Q set 5 and got the my highest score so far (by far).

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:13 pm

remz wrote:
I too would like to see this outline, please.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Not sure if this is what swc is referencing, but I used this to focus my studies when reviewing:

http://www.smartbarprep.com/SmartBarPre ... alysis.pdf

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:00 am

FlightoftheEarls wrote:Not sure if this is what swc is referencing, but I used this to focus my studies when reviewing:

http://www.smartbarprep.com/SmartBarPre ... alysis.pdf

This looks really interesting, especially the frequency of specific rules.

Thanks!

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

I've only used the CMR and done practice questions. I did every practice set in volume 1 and have done about half of volume 2. Seems to be working well. I'm averaging 86% on the mixed sets; my scores on the single subject sets were all over the place though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”