Character/Fitness Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cnk

Bronze

Character/Fitness

Post by cnk » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Last edited by cnk on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ded Precedent

Silver

Re: Character/Fitness

Post by Ded Precedent » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:51 pm

If it wasn't required to be disclosed on the law school application you don't have to worry about discrepancies and it would have to be some pretty egregious civil matter to stop you from getting licensed so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

cnk

Bronze

Post by cnk » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Last edited by cnk on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ded Precedent

Silver

Post by Ded Precedent » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:57 pm

cnk wrote:Well it is very complicated but I am actually the plaintiff, my concern is them prying deeper into my past b/c of it.

Also, as a general question is it best to give them all documentation up front or wait for them to ask for it? (This applies to traffic tickets too)
Always disclose. You definitely don't want to leave the impression that you're trying to hide something.

Reinhardt

Bronze

Post by Reinhardt » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Fully comply with the instructions, whatever they happen to be. I know in California you aren't asked to disclose a traffic ticket unless it's a bad one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:28 pm

Ded Precedent wrote:
cnk wrote:Well it is very complicated but I am actually the plaintiff, my concern is them prying deeper into my past b/c of it.

Also, as a general question is it best to give them all documentation up front or wait for them to ask for it? (This applies to traffic tickets too)
Always disclose. You definitely don't want to leave the impression that you're trying to hide something.
I don't think he's asking whether he should disclose. He's asking whether he should also include the documentation. The answer, OP, is that you should include whatever documentation they ask for. Don't give them stuff they don't ask for. They're probably not too worried about civil stuff, especially if you're the plaintiff.

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:16 pm

How long is CA taking for everyone? I submitted in late February.

nevdash

Bronze

Post by nevdash » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:How long is CA taking for everyone? I submitted in late February.
I submitted in late March but forgot to send them the hard copy of my app until mid-May. As far as I know, they sent out forms to all of my past employers within a couple days of me sending in the hard copy, and that's the only progress I've seen so far.

Reinhardt

Bronze

Post by Reinhardt » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:How long is CA taking for everyone? I submitted in late February.
Seems like they're pretty serious about it taking not less than 180 days. My friend's was seven months. (And if I'm lucky they'll finish mine around the time the exam results come out...)

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Reinhardt wrote:
Seems like they're pretty serious about it taking not less than 180 days. My friend's was seven months. (And if I'm lucky they'll finish mine around the time the exam results come out...)
I had friends who heard back in 2 months. I'm still waiting at ~4 months.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”