Nonhearsay vs Not Hearsay Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
portaprokoss

Bronze

Re: Nonhearsay vs Not Hearsay

Post by portaprokoss » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Tanicius wrote:So we're in agreement this is a distinction the OP's professor made up, and not one really anyone else in the thread is qualified to answer
No. My professor recognizes it, and he's the general edition or the world's foremost treatise on evidence. Secondly, my casebook recognizes it. Third, 2/4 supplements I've used recognize it. Fourth, the Sum & Substance audio lectures recognize it. So it's not just made up; you just didn't learn about it. You should be thankful that an evidence baller like myself showed up to dispel your ignorance.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 pm

portaprokoss wrote:
Tanicius wrote:So we're in agreement this is a distinction the OP's professor made up, and not one really anyone else in the thread is qualified to answer
No. My professor recognizes it, and he's the general edition or the world's foremost treatise on evidence. Secondly, my casebook recognizes it. Third, 2/4 supplements I've used recognize it. Fourth, the Sum & Substance audio lectures recognize it. So it's not just made up; you just didn't learn about it. You should be thankful that an evidence baller like myself showed up to dispel your ignorance.

My evidence professor also wrote one of those widely circulated fancy-but-boringly designed casebooks, and his glasses are cooler than your professor's. He also taught concepts using phrases that appear nowhere in the federal rules, just like yours did. While I like your idea that one instructor's personally invented phrases should dominate and sometimes even contradict the concepts spelled out by cases and statutes, I'm seeing some problems that could arise when another authority figure differs.

portaprokoss

Bronze

Post by portaprokoss » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 am

Tanicius wrote:
portaprokoss wrote:

My evidence professor also wrote one of those widely circulated fancy-but-boringly designed casebooks, and his glasses are cooler than your professor's. He also taught concepts using phrases that appear nowhere in the federal rules, just like yours did. While I like your idea that one instructor's personally invented phrases should dominate and sometimes even contradict the concepts spelled out by cases and statutes, I'm seeing some problems that could arise when another authority figure differs.
We'll have to send our professors to thunderdome if we ever want to settle this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”